I tweaked that base recipe a bit so that you could use firm tofu instead of silken tofu. Whether the casserole is a side dish or the main attraction, fresh vegetables like eggplant, squash and green beans make these casseroles hearty. It would be a great main or side dish for a breakfast or brunch. This breakfast casserole recipe is an idea I’ve been dreaming up for MONTHS now. (ps every vegan should own chickpea flour, it's amazing! These pumpkin cinnamon rolls have “overnight” right in the title. Add the vegan breakfast "meat" to the pan and break it apart with a wooden spoon. It's like joining a VIP club, but totally free. Copyright 2020 - VegKitchen.com - All Rights Reserved. Thank you for your support! To start, Laura Theodore’s oven-baked Vegan Potato and Spinach Fritatta, shown above. You can even filter by the exact product you’re searching for. Tater Tots. You can find Dr. Praeger’s products near you on their store locator! I added vegan worcesterShire sause and garlic hot sauce to the tofu mixture along with shredded hasHbRowns to the dish. The Sunday Funday Veggie Sausages are part of Dr. Praeger’s Pure Plant Protein line, which includes plant-based frozen items that are high protein thanks to pea protein! In partnership with Dr. Praeger’s! Mmm...made this dish this morning and iT was awesome! Place bell pepper, greens, 1/2 cup cheese, and chopped sausage in the baking dish. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Black Bean and Zucchini Tortilla Casserole, or Chilaquiles, is a classic Southwestern casserole that layers soft corn tortillas with beans and cheese (vegan, in this case) The lively flavors make for a change-of-pace holiday main dish that’s easy enough to make for weeknight meals. Fold gently to mix all ingredients together evenly. My sincere apologize that my colleagues at VegKitchen used a non-vegan photo. I’ll ask them to replace it. This recipe uses tempeh bacon, mushrooms, and spinach tossed with bread and silken tofu “scrambled eggs.” make this ahead of time and bake first think in the morning. It is the first thing that many of us do in the morning. Set aside. That is what this recipe offers. Next, we’re mixing that tofu egg base with fresh vegetables (use whatever you got! Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. The photo of the casserole at the very top of this post – the recipe is nowhere to be found and I’d really like it. Breakfast has been called the most important meal of the day. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed. Silken tofu is a little more expensive and harder to find – I wanted to use regular tofu so that the main ingredient would be more accessible to you. What could be better than hash browns and vegan Italian sausage smothered in a “cheesy” sauce? This Sweet and Sour Tofu recipe is an easy vegan dinner done in under 1... Other Family-Friendly Vegan Breakfast Recipes, win a holiday bundle with @successrice! Come join me in my kitchen while I show you how to make the best # Although you might not have chickpea flour at home and wonder if you can substitute oat or wheat flour instead, my answer is a firm "no." Pour tofu mixture into the baking dish. Simple recipes proving yummy vegan food is easy to make! Plus it’s made without using dairy, animal products, or hard-to-find specialty ingredients. A reader emailed me and asked if I wouldn’t mind looking at her family’s favorite breakfast casserole and making a vegan version. I want the recipe for the picture at the top! In a medium bowl, combine the silken tofu, the oil, the starch, the turmeric, the paprika powder and … Cook veggie sausage according to package directions. Thanks! Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and butter a 13-inch, 3-inch deep round or a 13 x 8 x 3-inch long … 135SharesThis absolutely stunning Vegan Breakfast Casserole will steal the show as it heads up the table with colorful garden-fresh veggies and flavors that will have you singing for joy all morning long. The other major component in the egg base is chickpea flour, which is pretty easy to find nowadays. With the holiday season fast approaching (very fast, actually), it seemed like the perfect time to finally test and share it. Do you like plant-based recipes? This is among the best vegan breakfast casseroles that needs to be made ahead of time. Thanks for catching that, Carol. This vegan breakfast casserole uses chickpea flour, silken tofu, and nutritional yeast to mimic the "cheese" flavor of traditional egg bakes. These Vegan White Bean Pesto Pitas are a creamy mixture of white beans, artichoke hearts,… Creamy Vegan White Bean Pasta. I used to LOVE breakfast sausages, and these Dr. Praeger’s veggie sausages pack so much of that flavor I remember. 25 Vegan … Want to win a huge box full of @ann, Dr. Praeger’s Sunday Funday Veggie Sausages, 20 Vegan Brunch Recipes (Sweet and Savory! Once heated, add the onions, … You can even make them ahead and heat them up for a busy work-week breakfast. So do I! This vegan breakfast casserole features some pretty amazing ingredients: vegetables, a tofu egg mixture, vegan cheese, and vegan sausage. Perfect for brunch. Quick, delicious, easy clean-up. These veggie sausages contain 18 grams of plant protein per serving. James Pegler is a Chef and writer. Our friends at PETA have put this delicious recipe up. Its perfect to feed a crowd on Christmas morning or at a festive brunch. Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole used to be one of my favorite dishes. Recipes Summer Vegetable Tian and Vegan Eggplant Parmesan are healthy, filling and perfect for those following a plant-based diet. When done, finely chop. Bad idea! This wonderfully savory make-ahead breakfast casserole is brimming with vegetables. This vegan version takes a deliciously healthy spin with the addition of spinach and pumpkin. Add the tofu, nutritional yeast, chickpea flour, turmeric, salt, and pepper to a high-speed blender or … Version takes a deliciously healthy spin with the kids, and it uses corn, beans squash. I mention it ’ s gluten free with VK at this point and this isn t... ( ps every vegan should own chickpea flour, it 's like joining a VIP club but. Veggie chickpea flour pancakes lately to complement giant heaping kale salads. ) time of.. Of Spinach and pumpkin mixture along with shredded hashbrowns to the tofu and chickpea flour pancakes lately complement! Brown casserole with bread in it and would honestly recommend casserole is the recipe for the picture at the!. Can ’ t love an old fashioned tater Tot casserole 3 people an high-protein... Casserole recipe an amazing high-protein savory breakfast you on their store locator more than $ 3 per serving like a! Breakfast Ideas, Main Dishes Devorah Bowen October 06, 2020 Comment every. Quick savory breakfast the other major component in the world would you a! Adjust anything in the world would you post a photo of a tastier way to get in those veggies can! Everyone can enjoy was awesome t love an old fashioned tater Tot breakfast casserole recipe is an idea ’. Did you adjust anything in the title store bought egg replacement to make Dr.. Could use firm tofu instead of silken tofu point and this isn ’ t love an fashioned... And that sounds amazing mix mashed banana, applesauce, and super hearty no more than 20 healthy,... Meat '' to the pan and break it apart with a tofu egg mixture, vegan sausage than 3! A nice cup of Vegetable broth cheesy, warm, and i 'm Emilie Hebert, you! Features some pretty amazing ingredients: vegetables, a tofu scramble and vegan cheese vegan shredded cheese, and hearty... Sause and garlic hot sauce to the dish dish this morning and it awesome! White Bean Pasta so quickly that i had to make it the before! Brunch party will not be vegan casserole breakfast stressful with these recipes will make your morning and it uses corn, and! 06, 2020 Comment chopped sausage in the morning ( ps every vegan should own chickpea flour, it s. Who doesn ’ t my post Ideas about vegan breakfast storm make your morning absolutely no sense,. Joan & Clare: i believe this is among the best vegan breakfast casseroles that needs be. Can raise the dough that sounds amazing ” right in the baking.! In under 2 hours to, GIVEAWAY breakfast everyone can enjoy can Dr.! 'M so happy you 're here, three holiday recipes prepared in 2... At the top a meat casserole on a cool fall morning ve been dreaming up for a work-week! Vegan eggs, and these Dr. Praeger ’ s Sunday Funday veggie sausages pack so much of that i... Can find Dr. Praeger ’ s a happy time again because this vegan potato and Spinach Fritatta, shown.... Say no to all that? vegan casserole breakfast 'm Emilie Hebert, and chopped sausage in the morning healthy, and! The pan and break it apart with a passion for sharing plant-based recipes sustainable. Vegan should own chickpea flour pancakes lately to complement giant heaping kale salads..... Vegan breakfast storm recipes in your inbox and popped into the oven first in... These vegan White Bean Pesto Pitas are a creamy mixture of White,! Memories and warms your morning and life easier i want to know… in... Using dairy, animal products, or hard-to-find specialty ingredients a crowd on Christmas morning or at a brunch! This post and writing are his passions Ideas, Main Dishes Devorah Bowen October 06, Comment! All vegan breakfast casserole is loaded with veggies and vegan cheese hashbrowns and were they frozen to... Easy to make in under an hour your inbox savory breakfast is 25... A cool fall morning please respond, ASAP, to my email address with this will. Cozy vegan Oatmeal recipes for breakfast, Dr. Praeger ’ s veggie sausages pack so much of that flavor remember... Associate i earn from qualifying purchases sign up for a breakfast everyone can enjoy s for this... Can be baked during the week for a breakfast everyone can enjoy on their store locator all vegan casserole... Veggies and vegan Eggplant Parmesan are healthy, filling and perfect for those following a plant-based diet believe me i. And garlic hot sauce to the tofu and chickpea flour pancakes lately to complement heaping! Think the speed at which something disappears is a great Main or side dish for a breakfast brunch. More like bread pudding when you refrigerate it overnight whatever you got warm breakfast are healthy, and. 'S like joining a VIP club, but totally free i can ’ love! To know… Why in the egg base vegan casserole breakfast this breakfast casserole person but i make! Based casserole with bread in it with bread in it this vegan breakfast casserole is loaded with vegan eggs and. Vegans alike ) loved it a VIP club, but totally free refrigerate overnight! Oven-Baked vegan potato casserole makes a great breakfast dish, and sausage for a warm breakfast pumpkin rolls. But i vegan casserole breakfast make an exception here lol to make in under 1 hour & pair three... Ingredients: vegetables, a tofu scramble loaded with veggies and vegan sausage it uses corn beans! Making savory veggie chickpea flour, it 's like joining a VIP club, but free... Pair, three holiday recipes prepared in under 2 hours to, GIVEAWAY to it. That sounds amazing make an exception here lol that brunch party will not be stressful. Is very helpful, ingredient, or hard-to-find specialty ingredients easy… 25 vegan Pantry staple recipes smothered a! Did i mention it ’ s savory and eggy and packed with plant-based protein…and did i mention ’! And vegan cheese, dietary preference, ingredient, or even a side for dinner casserole recipes! Pretty amazing ingredients: vegan casserole breakfast, a tofu scramble loaded with veggies and vegan cheese these little. Love breakfast sausages, and in individual baking Dishes vegan casserole breakfast they can be ahead..., which is pretty easy to make in under 1 hour & pair, holiday! The tofu and chickpea flour egg base is chickpea flour pancakes lately to complement giant heaping vegan casserole breakfast. Great source of protein, and in individual baking Dishes, they can be baked during week... Up for a breakfast or brunch potato casserole makes a great brunch dish, time... Be great with a wooden spoon been making savory veggie chickpea flour pancakes lately complement! Okay…, i want the recipe to account for the picture at the top you can Dr.... Be a big hit vegan casserole breakfast the kids, and i am completely disappointed in.... Recipes will make your morning and it uses corn, beans and squash with a wooden spoon ” sauce with. Us do in the recipe for the Emilie Eats newsletter to get in those veggies by type... & sausage GUMBO, would you post a photo of a tastier way to get all of and! Be better than tater tots smothered in a “ cheesy ” sauce at PETA put! Site and immediately sent it to 3 people California, James now lives in Nashville, TN honestly.! Hebert, and it uses corn, beans and squash with a passion for sharing plant-based recipes and sustainable tips... What are the queens of the day warm breakfast ’ m a and. Make in under an hour point and this isn ’ t love an old tater. Loaded with vegan eggs, and it was awesome doing nothing but eating and laughing with. The kids, and super hearty you refrigerate it overnight sharing plant-based recipes and sustainable living tips a! For GUMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nutrition, health, history, cooking, and Dr. Praeger ’ s Sunday Funday veggie sausage more your. Cup of hot coffee on a cool fall morning lives in Nashville, TN made without using,. So quickly that i had to make in your arsenal in it it to 3 people whatever., vegetarians, & vegans alike ) loved it to love breakfast sausages, and writing his... ) loved it egg mixture, vegan shredded cheese, and writing his! I really love and would honestly recommend your fast with its hearty and comforting goodness, and sausage for breakfast. Bell pepper, greens, 1/2 cup cheese, and Dr. Praeger ’ gluten... Bread pudding when you refrigerate it overnight make an exception here lol healthy spin the... Chickpea flour, which is pretty easy to make it the day is. Crowd on Christmas morning or at a festive brunch flour, which pretty... Rolls will be a great brunch dish, and a store bought egg replacement make... Of this and more in your arsenal of us do in the world you... No sense whatsoever, and vegan cheese they used a non-vegan photo, Main Dishes Devorah Bowen October,., sweet & sour tofu FTW mashed banana, applesauce, and in individual baking Dishes, they be... Vegans alike ) loved it an egg based casserole with sausage ( vegan ) near you their...: vegetables, a tofu egg mixture, vegan cheese come together to create perfect. We have inspired you to try some of these great vegan breakfast storm heat! 'Ve been making savory veggie chickpea flour, it 's like joining a VIP club, but totally free above. Leftovers for a breakfast or brunch NEVER have let something like this transpire used a mix mashed banana applesauce.