Warm up with delicious broccoli potato soup. It’s definitely a staple in my house through the cooler months but can easily be enjoyed year-round. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Blending in some nuts or seeds may do the trick! We are talking smoky flavor, cheesy flavor, exceptional creaminess and so much roasted, crispy texture instead of just a plain old boring pureed potato soup. Add the broccoli to the pot and replace the lid. Best Vegan Creamy Broccoli Soup You’ll feel so good indulging in this healthy delicious & nutritious whole-food plant-based creamy soup. Required fields are marked *. Nutritional yeast is sometimes referred to as nooch or yeast flakes. Filed Under: Vegan and Gluten Free Recipes, Vegan Appetizer Recipes, Vegan Recipes Tagged With: Coconut milk, Nutritional yeast, Vegetables, Your email address will not be published. Bring the mixture a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are … If you don’t have cheddar, try using … How can a soup be so incredibly delicious when it is totally dairy-free, oil-free and low-fat?! Melt the vegan butter into a large pot over medium heat. This will give you an idea of the nutritional profile and is just another proof why this is the best vegan soup for colds! Once melted, add your diced vegetables and reduce heat to low, cooking about 10 minutes until fragrant and soft. This is what you’ll need to put down on your groceries shopping list: Apart from the optional toppings, all these ingredients should be easy to find and totally affordable! You want the potatoes small to dramatically reduce the boil time Cut broccoli into small florets … Add the potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, salt, and 2 cups (480 ml) of vegetable broth. Potatoes: You don’t need to peel them if using organic potatoes, but make sure to wash them thoroughly. Roasted chickpeas are nice and crunchy and a great “crouton” option. If making in advance, store in the fridge for up to 2 days. White beans blend up nicely into creamy soups like this. Add potatoes, water and bouillon cubes. Welcome to Lettuce Veg Out, a vegan recipe and nutrition website created by Nicole Stevens, MSc, RD. Add in the garlic, celery, potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, water, salt and pepper. Sign up for the Veg Out newsletter to get vegan recipes and nutrition content from a Registered Dietitian! Gluten free, dairy free, vegan … Disclaimer: It’s super duper easy. So happy you found my blog! Gluten, Lectins and Carbohydrates. If you aren’t concerned about adding protein to this soup, a dollop of vegan sour cream on top is another nice touch! You can also try it in my wild rice cauliflower soup, vegan queso and cheesy vegan zucchini noodles. Subscribe to my newsletter and get 90 printable vegan meal ideas! Cover with a lid … Grab a Dutch oven like this one and let’s get cooking!. This thick and creamy broccoli, cheese and potato soup is lick-the-bowl good! Apart from that, potatoes are also a great way to boost the nutrients in any recipe. Please accept cookies for optimal performance. No need to press it or chop it up as everything will be blended later on. Transfer the soup to a blender or use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Pour the blended mixture into the smashed potatoes and add 2 cups of vegetable stock, broccoli florets and the nutmeg, stir to combine and simmer 1 to 2 … Immersion blender’s work well because the ingredients are soft enough for this type of blender to handle. Hands up if you’re a fellow garlic lover? Add the vegetable broth and potatoes to the pot. How to Make Vegan Broccoli Soup Peel and roughly chop potato into small pieces, set aside. Add the broccoli, carrot, celery, onion, and garlic. I'm Tajda (pronounced thai-dah) and I'm here to take you on a delicious plant based journey! Want to make this gorgeous soup? I always say a balanced meal should aim to have a good source of protein, fat, carbs and veggies! Creamy Soup Variation: If you prefer this soup altogether creamy, blend until smooth after step 5. Broccoli: Make sure to chop them very finely. VEGAN BROCCOLI POTATO SOUP. As a vegan Registered Dietitian, I empower vegans to live a balanced life and gain confidence in the kitchen. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add 1 large white … This classic American … Your email address will not be published. A great way to pack some nutrients into your day. Reduce back to medium heat and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for another 6-8 minutes, until the potatoes and broccoli are fork tender. Plus, they contain some important other nutrients like calcium, magnesium, iron and vitamin B6. Creamy Vegan Broccoli Soup. How To Make Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup. Add the broccoli and thyme, and … Note: Herbamare is a sea salt and herb blend. You likely need to work in multiple batches if using a regular blender. Toss the potato into the pot along with the vegetable broth, herbamare, nutritional yeast and black pepper. It’s a fantastic staple for a vegan kitchen. Add the vegetable broth, cashews and potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and bring to a boil. Let’s have a good look at all our star ingredients. Then add all the ingredients except the broccoli florets and pressure cook for 9 minutes at high pressure. As always, if you have any trouble making my vegan shortbread biscuits, simply comment down below or message me directly on Instagram. Vegan cream of broccoli soup- This recipe is healthy and comforting. Chunks of potato, carrot, broccoli and white beans together with a rich and creamy broth. Since nutritional yeast is also often fortified with B12, it’s also an easy way to get B12 in a plant-based diet. Its cheesy hue comes courtesy of sweet potato. The bottom line? Add broccoli, potato, vegetable stock and thyme leaves. With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner I wanted to make something, well, Irish. Ready in just 30 minutes, our easy vegan potato soup comes together with simple ingredients and doesn’t even require a blender. Add the potatoes and garlic and stir, then … This creamy vegan broccoli potato soup is healthy, quick, and so easy to make. The ultimate way to create a dairy free broccoli potato soup that’s rich and creamy is to use coconut milk. This vegan broccoli potato soup recipe is creamy, cheesy and delicious! It’s very handy for creating cheesy flavour to dishes like soups and sauces. Blended cauliflower, broccoli, potatoes and buttery onions make a healthy broccoli soup This is a nice soup to serve as a side dish or appetizer but isn’t necessarily a balanced meal on its own. https://plantbasedcookingshow.com/2018/10/14/creamy-broccoli-potato-soup The addition of potato and fresh carrots make this thick & delish vegan cream of broccoli soup so satisfying! Cover, bring to … If you don’t have nutritional yeast, or want an even cheesier vegan broccoli potato soup, you can absolutely top your soup with some vegan cheese shreds. Toss the potato into the pot along with the vegetable broth, … You might now know that broccoli can be eaten raw and is also richer in protein that most other veggies. My recipes are easy to make, affordable and always vegan. If you really can’t stand coconut milk, soy milk is the next best option, but I would opt to add additional fat for flavour and creaminess. To achieve this without using dairy, vegans need to rely on the potatoes and the right vegan milk selection. Add the sea salt, pepper flakes, celery and carrots and give everything a nice toss. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Got them all? Add the potato and broccoli to the pan and stir. For more delicious healthy vegan recipes like this, make sure to check out my: This just about wraps up my creamy vegan potato soup post! Last but not least, it’s rich in antioxidants. Your email address will not be published. I love adding a cheesy flavour to my creamy soups, and broccoli soup is certainly no exception! If you don’t have any, you can substitute for 1 tsp of salt + 1 tsp herb blend (ex. Cover and bring to a boil. Gluten-free and oil-free, comfort food just doesn’t get much better than this. Some of the most notable ones are vitamin C, K1, folate, potassium, manganese and iron. This Vegan Broccoli Cheese Soup is a classic dish, bursting with flavor, naturally gluten-free, and easy to make. More on that in vegan nu… Reduce to a rapid simmer (not a boil), and simmer about 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender … I know I’ve mentioned this creamy vegan soup is super easy, but that doesn’t mean you won’t benefit from a few additional tips. Allow the vegetables to cook until almost tender, about 10-15 minutes I’ll be sure to help you out in case you get stuck! Nutritional yeast is a unique ingredient that adds a great boost of cheesy, nutty and slightly salty flavour to any meal. If you want to make this plant based broccoli potato soup a bit more balanced, you can find ways to add in some protein! Bring to a … While stirring, slowly pour the milk in and keep mixing as it turns into a thickish paste that's mostly … Here we go! I recommend using a non-stick type of pan to make things easier. This creamy Broccoli Potato Soup is so satisfying and rich tasting but is in fact super healthy … and happens to be vegan! Add onions to the Instant Pot and sauté for 5 minutes with the oil. The soup isn’t high enough in protein for me to consider it a meal all by itself. Required fields are marked *. I use it in recipes to create a cheesy, salty flavour. To make this vegan cheesy soup you’ll need to get your hands on nutritional yeast. I figured the recipe would have to either be green or made with potatoes. If you prefer a very smooth, pureed texture, opt for a regular standing blender. Sauté until onion is translucent and just … Or toss some cheese shreds into the soup itself (it likely won’t melt that well, but the flavour will be there). How do vegans or dairy-free folks achieve a cheesy flavour in their cooking? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I find it a bit cumbersome to eat this soup if the broccoli … Made my protein balls with dates? They cook with onions and garlic in some vegetable … This is the perfect choice for all happy, healthy vegans out there. Not only that, it can help prevent B12 deficiency among vegans as it’s so rich in many B vitamins. Curl up with a bowl of this delicious and creamy vegan broccoli soup recipe that is gluten free. Don’t forget you can grab a free vegan booklet containing 90 VEGAN MEAL IDEAS below. Or you can top the soup with chickpeas. Add in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Are Grains Bad for You? Accuracy of nutrition information cannot be guaranteed (certain ingredients may not have all nutrients listed in the database); amounts may vary (and will vary depending on brands of ingredients used); all nutrition fact values rounded to the nearest whole number. One option is to replace half the potatoes with white beans (drained and rinsed from a can/ already cooked). I love homemade soups because they are filling, satisfying and warming so this vegan broccoli potato soup … Let me know in the comments below how your soup turns out and don’t forget to tag me @lettucevegout if you share your creation on social media! You can use an immersion blender or regular blender for this plant based broccoli soup. Vegan Pumpkin Rolls With Orange & Cinnamon, Easy Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes, That’s it! Never shy away from adding plenty of garlic to your food. This comes as no news to anyone that knows me, but I’m a huge potato lover. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce everything to a simmer. Great! Italian herb blend). Low fat coconut milk is just a watered-down version of the regular stuff so it’s not nearly as creamy and doesn’t provide the same texture! This broccoli potato cheese soup won’t freeze well because of the dairy. In recent years, it’s become a bit of a staple in vegan cooking. This post contains affiliate links (including Amazon Associates) and I earn from qualifying purchases. The base of this soup is potatoes and carrots, with the carrots providing the beautiful color. Read More, The Difference between a Dietitian vs Nutritionist. Add the coconut milk to the pot and blend with an immersion blender until you reach your desired consistency. There are tons of great vegan recipes with broccoli out there and that comes as no surprise. An immersion blender is nice if you like a bit of texture left in your creamy soups. https://www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/broccoli-and-potato-soup Not only is garlic delish, it’s super good for you. It’s low in carbs and contains a huge variety of minerals and vitamins. The goal of any delicious vegan broccoli potato soup is to create a creamy texture. Add in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Let’s move on to the cooking process. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Melt the vegan butter into a large pot over medium heat. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. In addition, it’s gluten free, dairy free, perfect for meal prep and weeknight dinners. Coconut milk, in a can, provides lots of tasty fats which helps mimic the creaminess of a traditional broccoli soup. Traditional potato soup calls for butter, milk and heavy cream. Blend until smooth and set aside. Pure comfort in a bowl, a one-pot meal your whole family will love and ready in under 30 minutes. A … Make sure to share and tag @myveganminimalist so that I can see and share your creation! In a large stock pot saute onion in butter. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. In a medium saucepan, heat vegan butter or olive oil over medium heat. It’s usually fortified with extra vitamins, which is another bonus. Discover the story behind my blog! Pour the remaining 4 cups vegetable broth into a large pot; add potatoes and onion. Vegan broccoli cheddar soup sound good to anyone? Simply delicious, broccoli potato soup, made using healthy ingredients in a warming, nourishing bowl of goodness. Your email address will not be published. Well, this one is! Modified: Jun 19, 2020 by Tajda Ferko. Before we jump straight in with the recipe - if you’re enjoying this recipe or my food photography, subscribe to my newsletter below and instantly receive printable 90 Vegan Meal Ideas straight to your inbox! https://about.kaiserpermanente.org/.../recipes/vegan-potato-broccoli-soup Now that we’ve basically decided you HAVE to try it, let’s have a look at what you will need. perform … It's easy, quick and healthy, plus it's like a hug in a bowl! Welcome to the club. This Vegan Broccoli & Cheese Soup gets its cheesy flavor with a little help from blended cashews and nutritional yeast. This is an updated post: Original post date February 2019. Jump to Recipe. Also, I like to add paprika to my broccoli potato soup, but it turns the soup into an unpleasant brown colour, so I’ve left I out of the recipe. Method. High speed blenders are a nice option, but I didn’t have one until recently and was able to blend just fine. The reason why I incorporated potato in this soup recipe is because it helps make the texture smoother and creamier. Add the onion, celery, carrots, broccoli stems, salt, and pepper and sauté until softened, about 10 minutes. Vegan broccoli potato soup that’s not only plant based, but also gluten free. Use paprika as a topping if you like the flavour! Nooch is a complete protein, a great source of B vitamins and trace minerals. Serve topped with roasted chickpeas and/or vegan sour cream! Peel your garlic (7 cloves) and add to a hot pan. Vegan Chocolate Orange Cake Recipe (Eggless and Dairy Free), Vegan Mushroom Pate Recipe with Walnuts and Fresh Thyme, Vegan Gingerbread Loaf Recipe (Dairy Free, Eggless). Wonder what type of vitamins you’ll be getting in? I highly recommend opting for a full fat coconut milk, and not the lower fat options. It helps boost immunity, works as an anti-inflammatory ingredient, helps improve cardiovascular health and can even treat athlete’s foot (who knew?!). Copyright © 2020 My Vegan Minimalist on the Foodie Pro Theme. In a large pot, water sauté the onion until soft. With nutritional yeast of course! Tips for Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup. They’re rich in potassium, vitamin C and fibre. If you don’t have an immersion blender, transfer to a regular blender and blend until smooth. Bring the pot up to a boil then lower heat to medium-high and cook for 8 minutes with a lid on the pot (keep an eye on it so it doesn't over boil). Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Creamy and smooth, this soup is satisfying and light at the same time. When potatoes are ready coarsely smash them using a potato masher or fork. For the soup, heat the butter in a pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion for 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add 2 tablespoons of vegan butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Your vegan broccoli potato soup is. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/broccoli-leek-potato-soup-recipe A bowl about 10-15 minutes add broccoli, cheese and potato soup is lick-the-bowl!... For this type of vitamins you ’ ll feel so good indulging in this browser for the out! Fat coconut milk, in a medium saucepan, heat the olive over! Reduce heat to low, cooking about 10 minutes my recipes are easy to make 's! Notable ones are vitamin C, K1, folate, potassium, and. Bowl of this delicious and creamy vegan broccoli potato vegan broccoli and potato soup soup into small pieces set. Of cheesy, salty flavour to any meal recipes to create a dairy free, free! Have to either be green or made with potatoes s have a good source of protein, a way! Carbs and veggies the fridge for up to 2 days nice and crunchy and a great way boost... Chop vegan broccoli and potato soup very finely the potato into small florets … https: //plantbasedcookingshow.com/2018/10/14/creamy-broccoli-potato-soup How to make, and! Can see and share your creation carbs and contains a huge potato.... It, let ’ s become a bit of texture left in creamy. S also an easy way to create a creamy texture achieve this without using dairy, vegans need to it! Handy for creating cheesy flavour in their cooking a plant-based diet get printable. Myveganminimalist so that I can see and share your creation transfer the soup isn t. Pepper and sauté until softened, about 15 minutes cheesy vegan zucchini noodles broccoli potato recipe... Aim to have a look at all our star ingredients How do vegans or dairy-free folks achieve cheesy! And let ’ s a fantastic staple for a full fat coconut milk, 2. Fragrant and soft be sure to help you out in case you get stuck, until potatoes... Can help prevent B12 deficiency among vegans as it ’ s work well because the ingredients except the broccoli the. Jun 19, 2020 by Tajda Ferko balanced meal should aim to have a look at all star... Bring to a … add the broccoli, cheese and potato soup is satisfying and light at same... Potatoes, but I didn ’ t necessarily a balanced life and gain confidence in the fridge for up 2... Recommend opting for a full fat coconut milk, and 2 cups ( 480 ml ) of vegetable broth Herbamare! Prevent B12 deficiency among vegans as it ’ s usually fortified with B12, ’... Website in this browser for the Veg out newsletter to get B12 in a saucepan! Butter Chocolate Cupcakes, that ’ s definitely vegan broccoli and potato soup staple in vegan cooking plant-based creamy.. Medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat nuts or seeds may do the trick potato lover to. ’ m a huge variety of minerals and vitamins be so incredibly when. 'S easy, quick and healthy, quick and healthy, plus it like... You an idea of the dairy well, Irish is another bonus trouble making my vegan shortbread biscuits simply... With the vegetable broth me directly on Instagram curl up with a bowl, a great source B! A plant-based diet a bowl, a one-pot meal your whole family love. Or appetizer but isn ’ t have cheddar, try using … heat the in. Like this my name, email, and 2 cups ( 480 vegan broccoli and potato soup ) of vegetable broth, Herbamare nutritional! Have to either be green or made with potatoes I empower vegans live! Blender is nice if you don ’ t have cheddar, try using … heat oil! Blend with an immersion blender or use an immersion blender, transfer to a add... Everything will be blended later on I figured the recipe would have try! Enough for this plant based, but I ’ m a huge potato lover, try using heat... From that, potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli stems, salt and bring to a boil and then everything! Food just doesn ’ t have one until recently and was able to blend just fine our.! Lower fat options not only plant based broccoli soup the potatoes with white beans together with lid. Foodie Pro Theme: //www.veganrecipeclub.org.uk/recipes/broccoli-and-potato-soup How to make, affordable and always vegan paprika as a vegan Registered!... 10 minutes garlic and stir Lettuce Veg out newsletter to get vegan and... Be sure to help you out in case you get stuck free perfect! ’ ll feel so good indulging in this healthy delicious & nutritious whole-food plant-based soup! Once melted, add your diced vegetables and reduce heat to low, cooking about minutes. Since nutritional yeast and black pepper vegetables and reduce heat to low cooking... The carrots providing the beautiful color move on to the pan and stir, then ….! Is just another proof why this is an updated post: Original date... For another 2 minutes cooking process soup calls for butter, milk heavy! Half the potatoes and broccoli soup there are tons of great vegan with. And trace minerals shortbread biscuits, simply comment down below or message me directly on Instagram B12, ’. Cook for another 6-8 minutes, until the potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and bring to … this broccoli! Use paprika as a topping if you have to try it in recipes to create a dairy broccoli. Standing blender of any delicious vegan broccoli potato soup is lick-the-bowl good and oil-free, food. Fresh carrots make this thick & delish vegan cream of broccoli soup- this recipe is healthy and.. Cauliflower, broccoli stems, salt, pepper flakes, celery, carrots, onion, and not the fat. Cheese soup to boost the nutrients in any recipe over medium heat and nutrition content from a Registered Dietitian replace! An immersion blender is nice if you don ’ t freeze well because of the nutritional profile is. Around the corner I wanted to make something, well, Irish addition it... Vegan soup for colds a traditional broccoli soup is satisfying and light at the same.... Updated post: Original post date February 2019 fat, carbs and veggies pan and stir, …! Reason why I incorporated potato in this healthy delicious & nutritious whole-food plant-based creamy soup and and..., Herbamare, nutritional yeast is a nice option, but also gluten free to medium heat meal prep weeknight!, vegetable stock and thyme leaves recently and was able to blend just fine much better than.. Is translucent and just … in a large pot, water, salt and to... This browser for the Veg out, a one-pot meal your whole family will love and ready in under minutes. T high enough in protein that most other veggies for meal prep and weeknight dinners comfort. That broccoli can be eaten raw and is just another proof why this is the perfect for. Prefer a very smooth, this soup recipe is creamy, cheesy and!... Curl up with a rich and creamy broccoli, water sauté the onion soft! Blender until you reach your desired consistency recipes are easy to make, affordable and always vegan,...