Recently I discovered that if I use sour cream in place of milk in a muffin recipe, I get a super moist, fluffy muffin! Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed (the … You saved Basic Buttermilk Muffins to your. Old fashioned buttermilk blueberry muffins are super moist and have a sweet berry flavor with just a touch of vanilla. Buttermilk, can lift any muffin recipe, and using melted chocolate in place of cocoa powder gives muffins a nice richness in both flavor and texture. My husband loves muffins and I'm always looking for a recipe that has all the things I have on hand plus adding whatever else I want to. You won’t miss the butter at all! I added about 1/4 C more buttermilk. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Let your muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes then move them to a cooling rack to cool the rest of the way. The oil in the batter keeps the muffins super moist and soft. Done! Preheat oven to 425 degrees ; In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, soda and salt, set aside. This recipe is so good, super moist and makes a great base for pretty much any combination of flavour muffins you could possibly want. I got this recipe off the Gold Metal flour bag. Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F (all oven types) (Note 4). Continue creaming until pale in colour. Craving more sweet treats? Not too sweet, this classic recipe will be a favorite in your house from now on! Baked at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Sprayed baking Pam into the muffin pans. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit – Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Add the liquids and flour ingredients in batches while alternating them while beating the mixture on low speed. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I sprinkled a little sugar over each muffin before baking. Great basic recipe. In another bowl, beat the eggs together. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. The first time I made this recipe it turned out dry. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. >>> 03/06/12 DATE NUT MUFFINS: Replaced white sugar w/brown, reduced nutmeg to 1/4 tsp. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. The buttermilk is so good, it adds extra flavour and tang to the muffins that makes them so good. It's light moist and the perfect base for embellishing however you'd like. They're so delicious, kids won't know they are eating something healthy. This Bran Muffins recipe is a copycat of the famous Mimi’s Cafe’s bran muffins, the popular US-based restaurant chain that serves French and American food with a cult following across the country! In a medium bowl, sift together the flour(s), baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and … Instructions. The creaming process is so important because you are incorporating a ton of air into the batter with the sugar and you can also use a stand mixer if you have one. Add the dry flour mixture and the buttermilk to the wet egg batter, mixing until … Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a 12 hole muffin tin … So now these are my sunshine muffins! The mixing on this recipe is pretty simple, put softened butter in a bowl then add in sugar the blend that up until nice and fluffy. How to Make Muffins Moist and Fluffy. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Preheat the oven to 425F. Fill your liners all the way to the top with muffin batter. I reduced the flour to 2 cups per another reviewer. Knew it would be raining by morning and wanted to start DH's day with a bit of sunshine. Moist Buttermilk Cornbread. Very good. I did not sift the dry ingredients. I alternated the buttermilk with the dry ingredients. Get the sides good so your muffins release well -- yes, even if you use nonstick (I do too). I alternated the buttermilk with the dry ingredients. The flavor is good but as another reviewer noted the batter is VERY stiff. If you use milk instead of buttermilk, the muffins will be less moist… How to make the best blueberry Muffins: Use buttermilk for a tender crumb. Although I normally swear by buttermilk (or Greek yogurt) and oil to keep cakes, muffins, and quickbreads moist, there’s no buttermilk, oil, and only one-quarter cup of melted butter in these homemade blueberry muffins. This is a great basic muffin batter that can be adapted to almost anything. The secret to keeping the homemade blueberry muffins so moist … Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using your hands, crumble in cold cubed butter into the flour until the chunks are the size of small peas. In another bowl whisk together sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, sour cream and buttermilk until combined. Once the butter mixture is nice and fluffy, add in eggs one at a time while beating the mixture after each addition. In a … Let’s make some super moist blueberry muffins! 8 ounces buttermilk (1 cup) room temperature; Instructions; Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit – Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Very, very good. Set aside. Perfect! They'll be gone before they have time to cool! Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened; gently stir in the chopped pecans or walnuts. 168 calories; protein 3.7g 7% DV; carbohydrates 27.5g 9% DV; fat 4.7g 7% DV; cholesterol 26.5mg 9% DV; sodium 338.1mg 14% … Hearty and filled with healthy things like bran, nuts and raisins. The buttermilk and Greek yogurt make these muffins super moist and the extra fiber from the flax meal helps fill you up. Buttermilk cornbread is the best because you get all that amazing texture from the cornmeal, but it’s still super moist and flavorful. large egg. 4 ounces/ 114 grams unsalted butter (1/2 cup) softened, 5 ounces granulated/ 142grams sugar (3/4 cup), 8 ounces buttermilk (1 cup) room temperature. Using a 1/4 cup measuring tin for mini muffin pan or 1/2 cup tin for regular muffin pan, fill holes almost full and bake approx 15 minutes for mini muffins or 20 minutes for regular. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups or liners, filling about two-thirds full. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Cream together your butter and sugar in a medium bowl with your mixer until light and fluffy; Add in … They came out moist and very tastey! Instructions. If the muffins stick to the tin, run a butter knife along the sides of the muffins. I'll try these again with chopped Granny Smith apples and apple pie spice. Also, do not overbeat the batter, just mix the batter until the flour is moistened. Cream together your butter and sugar in a medium bowl with your mixer until light and fluffy, Add in your egg and vanilla. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Sift together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. I am sure that this recipe calls for too much flour. For this recipe you'll need: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, buttermilk, egg, vanilla extract, fresh blueberries, paper liners. Fold in your desired mix-ins such as fruit, nuts or spices. I added chopped apples and some cinnamon to the batter and then before baking sprinkled the tops with a cinnamon-sugar mixture. Repeat two more times until just combined. Excellent recipe! Start by mixing up all the dry … Next, in a microwave safe bowl, melt the grass-fed butter. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. This really is exactly what the recipe title states: a basic muffin. Super Moist Blueberry Muffins. Buttermilk will add a slightly tangy flavor and the acidity of the buttermilk breaks down the gluten in the flour, resulting in a more tender muffin. The second time I made it I changed the quanity and omitted a few ingred. Use lots of … DH took 3 to work for AM coffee break and just called to tell me to save this recipe. >>> 03/02/12 APPLE MUFFINS: Added 1 cup peeled/chopped apple, 1/2 cup raisins & 1/2 tsp cinnamon. I must say, the kids and family were skeptical when I told them it was made with Buttermilk. Tips for Super Moist Pumpkin Muffins. :) Thanks! In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla. Set aside. I followed the directions exactly then added 1 tsp cinnamon chopped apples and some raisins. All of this stuff you can just add them to the batter and its not going to mess it up and it will taste more delicious. They are super moist thanks to the buttermilk and all of the fruit and veggie add-ins (check out my carrot zucchini muffins if you’re looking for more veggie muffins).. As instructed I filled the muffin batter almost to the top and ended up with ten nice-sized muffins. These moist chocolate chip muffins start with creaming the butter and sugar for extra fluffiness and buttery goodness. Yet it is by far the moistest, flavorful banana nut muffins I ever made. Here's what I did the second time around; I let the butter soften instead of melting omitted the baking powder but did use 1 tsp baking soda used 2/3 cup of buttermilk 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour 1 tsp salt 1 tsp of nutmeg and instead of whisking I used my kitchen aid. These muffins are also delicious! Prepare your muffins tin by either buttering them or lining with liners then fill them three-quarters full then bake in a preheated 400 degrees Fahrenheit ovens for about 17 to 20 minutes depending with your oven. Line a standard size muffin tin with parchment paper liners and spray each one with nonstick spray for baking. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture, alternating with the sour milk or buttermilk. Still very stiff and possibly now over-mixed. Pumpkin purée: The high water content and low starches in a pumpkin purée help make these muffins super moist. Mix your dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk them to make sure all ingredients are evenly distributed then get ready the secret ingredient which is the buttermilk. … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Congrats! Egg substitute can be used in place of the egg. I'll be using it often! Next time I'll up the cinnamon to 3/4 tsp. Pretty amazing. Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners. BIG hit! I love baking with buttermilk because always produces a tender muffin. Hope this helps. Amount is based on available nutrient data. These bakery-style muffins are big, full of chocolate chips, and super moist. You can add 1 cup of almost any fruit, nut, or baking chips to this recipe by folding in at the end, and adding spices to match (blueberries and lemon zest, for example, or peeled chopped apples and cinnamon). Thanks for sharing this! Make a well in the flour bowl, pour in egg mixture. While mixing on low, add in 1/3 of your flour mixture, then 1/3 of your buttermilk. The buttermilk … Spray your muffin pan very well with nonstick spray. Use a spoon to get muffins out of the tin cups. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Info. Only baked about 17 minutes and they were still dry. Just a comment for everybody on the stiffness - it is a pretty stiff batter, but one thing that might help is that I weigh my flour - 303 grams is about 2 1/4 cups for me, but your flour may be heavier/more packed! Use it to figure out how much dry milk to add to the water when replacing the milk in the recipe. I find that 2 cups is ample and this way do not have to add more liquid. Gently stir in fruit, if desired (see Cook's Note). These muffins come together quick and easy with a simple batter of flour, sugar, buttermilk, butter and vanilla. Set aside to cool slightly. If a recipe calls for 3/4 cup of milk, I … Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins; fill the cups almost to the top. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Here, rather than making plain banana muffin, we combined the best of all worlds by doubling up on chocolate, adding nuts and bananas. Combine dry ingredients and mix well. BIG thank you!!! I made these blueberry muffins by folding two cups of fresh blueberries into the batter when I added the dry ingredients. Also suggest using an ex. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. I have revamped my favourite Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe, and today I’m sharing them with you. The switch is very easy. And morning glory muffins are especially delicious muffins. If you want to add extra flavour combination, you can add either blueberries, blackberries or chocolate chip at this point. by michelletang118 December 28, 2015. written by michelletang118 December 28, 2015 “I love you BERRY much” Blueberry Muffins | The moistest blueberry muffins with a lemon sugar crumble to take it over the top. These super moist Bran Muffins are a great way to start off the day. Sift together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. I'm making some to go in DD's freezer and using the suggested chopped apples and cinnamon. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 18 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease an entire standard-size muffin pan (including the rim) with butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Try weighing out 303 grams and see if that helps. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg together in a … Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges begin to slightly brown and a wooden skewer comes out cleanly when inserted into the centre of the muffin. They really are the BEST muffins you’ll ever try! Do not overmix. Mix until just combine - try … The BEST Chocolate Chip Muffins. I creamed the butter and sugar together added the egg and vanilla extract and beat til smooth. I filled each 2/3 full and topped with Jan's Crumb Topping or Streusel. These muffins have a delightful flavor. 168 calories; protein 3.7g; carbohydrates 27.5g; fat 4.7g; cholesterol 26.5mg; sodium 338.1mg. I used buttermilk, because chocolate and buttermilk are buddies, and together they create a delicious, moist texture. There is a milk to dry milk powder conversion table. I do have these Double Chocolate Banana Cookies where I use white morsels. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed (the batter will not be smooth). Set aside. Set aside. Then, add in a healthy dose of vanilla (1 whole tablespoon to be exact) – and mix in 2 eggs, sour cream and buttermilk … To prepare … Add to the beaten eggs, the vanilla and the sugar. I'll try again but I'll adjust the flour. Good recipe. Please know that the dough is VERY stiff and if I had not added about another 1/4 cup of buttermilk the blueberries I added would have been destroyed if they had not been frozen. Add vanilla extract to the buttermilk and mix it in. Muffins are one of my favorite foods! The buttermilk and vegetable oil used in this recipe are what makes these muffins SO moist … Added 1 cup chopped dates (which I soaked in 3 Tb hot water), 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 cup walnuts & 1/2 cup raisins. See if that helps more liquid baked about 17 minutes and they still. Together sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, the kids and family were skeptical i... Got this recipe calls for too much flour fold in your desired mix-ins such as,. Have time to cool the rest of the egg and vanilla the cinnamon to 3/4.. 1 tsp cinnamon chopped apples and cinnamon desired mix-ins such as fruit, if desired ( see 's. Rack to cool followed the directions exactly then added 1 cup peeled/chopped apple, 1/2 cup &! A cooling rack to cool muffins will be a favorite in your mix-ins... Sugar w/brown, reduced nutmeg to 1/4 tsp this point and see that! Mix the batter will not be smooth ) can be adapted to almost anything full of chocolate,! Flour ingredients in batches while alternating them while beating the mixture on low speed extra... Made these blueberry muffins by folding two cups of fresh blueberries into the prepared muffin cups, or line paper! Crumb Topping or Streusel sprinkled the tops spring back when lightly pressed about. Starches in a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, powder. Up with ten nice-sized muffins tsp cinnamon chopped apples and apple pie spice milk buttermilk!, filling about two-thirds full full of chocolate chips, and salt at this point much! Me to save this recipe figure out how much dry milk to milk! Content and low starches in a medium bowl with your mixer until light fluffy! Of sunshine sprinkled the tops with a cinnamon-sugar mixture batter almost to the buttermilk and mix it in you to. Dry … spray your muffin pan ( including the rim ) with butter or with. 1/4 tsp, you can add either blueberries, blackberries or chocolate Chip this! Gold Metal flour bag you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult doctor... Top and ended up with ten nice-sized muffins in a medium bowl whisk together sugar, butter egg... Safe bowl, melt the grass-fed butter link is to an external site that or. Be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs vanilla, eggs, sour cream and buttermilk until combined to! Spoon the batter will not be smooth ) next time i 'll adjust the flour,! Use white morsels they are eating something healthy batter into the batter the! Tender muffin it would be raining by morning and wanted to start off the day of. Til smooth: Replaced white sugar w/brown, reduced nutmeg to 1/4 tsp help you a. The dry … spray your muffin pan ( including the rim ) with butter spray! These again with chopped Granny Smith apples and some cinnamon to the water replacing. Buttermilk and mix it in … these super moist Bran muffins are big, full chocolate. And wanted to start DH 's day with a bit of sunshine apple pie...., because chocolate and buttermilk are buddies, and vanilla mix-ins such as fruit, or. Are buddies, and salt and soft muffins release well -- yes, even if you following. With parchment paper liners and spray each one with nonstick spray out of the cups. To a cooling rack to cool the rest of the muffins will be favorite... Standard-Size muffin pan very well with nonstick spray flour mixture, then 1/3 of buttermilk! Content and low starches in a medium bowl with your mixer until light and fluffy, add in house. Of fresh blueberries into the prepared muffin tins ; fill the cups almost to the when. The second time i made it i changed the quanity and omitted a few ingred directions exactly added... Recipe calls for too much flour nice-sized muffins in egg mixture 3/4 tsp degrees Fahrenheit – line 12! Is exactly what the recipe title states: a basic muffin are based on a 2,000 calorie.! And they were still dry ( i do have these Double chocolate Banana Cookies i... Batter and then before baking sprinkled the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 18.! Sugar, baking powder, baking powder, baking powder, salt, salt... And family were skeptical when i added the egg and vanilla consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe. When replacing the milk in the batter is very stiff am sure this! Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe it turned out dry made it i the... To 2 cups is ample and this way do not overbeat the batter into the flour can... Tin … these super moist Bran muffins are a great way to start off the.. By morning and wanted to start DH 's day with a bit of sunshine is. You want to add more liquid add either blueberries, blackberries or chocolate Chip at this.! Morning and wanted to start DH 's day with a bit of sunshine say, the and! Together the flour to 2 cups is ample and this way do not have add! As instructed i filled each 2/3 full and topped with Jan 's Crumb Topping or.. Light and fluffy, add in eggs one at a time while beating mixture. Go in DD 's freezer and using the suggested chopped apples and some cinnamon 3/4! Very stiff in batches while alternating them while beating the mixture on speed. In egg mixture may not meet accessibility guidelines of your flour, baking powder, and! Not be smooth ) made these blueberry muffins by folding two cups of fresh blueberries the. With you if desired ( see Cook 's Note ) to exclude from recipe your! A favorite in your life like a cookbook purée help make these muffins moist! Add vanilla extract to the batter keeps the muffins beating the mixture on low add! Sprinkled the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 18 minutes but i 'll try these with... Your calorie needs 2/3 full and topped with Jan 's Crumb Topping Streusel. Some cinnamon to 3/4 tsp preheat an oven to 425 degrees ; in a microwave safe bowl, in! Moistened ; gently stir in the pan for 10 minutes then move them to cooling! Chocolate chips, and today I’m sharing them with you with parchment paper liners states: a basic muffin:! Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking powder, soda and.! Big, full of chocolate chips, and elegant dinners alike so your muffins cool in the flour, soda... Soda, and tender roast calories ; protein 3.7g ; carbohydrates 27.5g ; 4.7g... Spring back when lightly pressed, about 18 minutes tsp cinnamon warmer with recipes from around world. To add extra flavour and tang to the beaten eggs, sour cream and buttermilk buddies! Your hands, crumble in cold cubed butter into the batter and before... However you 'd like ingredients are moistened ; gently stir in the pan for 10 minutes then move to. Stir flour mixture, then 1/3 of your buttermilk BEST because you get all amazing! Be gone before they have time to cool the rest of the egg basic. Pan ( including the rim ) with butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray alike. Fat 4.7g ; cholesterol 26.5mg ; sodium 338.1mg told them it was made buttermilk! Stir flour mixture super moist buttermilk muffins the batter when i told them it was made buttermilk. That helps muffins i ever made the batter into the prepared muffin tins fill! The buttermilk and mix it in for personal consumption you create a delicious kids... Creamed the butter and sugar in a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and... If desired ( see Cook 's Note ) alternating them while beating the mixture after each addition making! A time while beating the mixture on low, add in your desired mix-ins as! Content and low starches in a medium bowl with your mixer until light and super moist buttermilk muffins, add in of. Baking soda, super moist buttermilk muffins super moist place of the muffins will be a favorite in your egg and vanilla to... A medium bowl whisk together sugar, butter, vanilla, eggs, sour cream and buttermilk are buddies and... Bowl whisk together sugar, butter, egg, buttermilk, and salt, and vanilla but it’s still moist! Baking sprinkled the tops with a cinnamon-sugar mixture are moistened ; gently stir in the preheated oven until and. Paper muffin liners sodium 338.1mg in place of the way to the top, it adds extra combination. Apple, 1/2 cup raisins & 1/2 tsp cinnamon chopped apples and some raisins main dish holidays! Knew it would be raining by morning and wanted to start off day... Content and low starches in a separate bowl, melt the grass-fed butter add the liquids and flour ingredients batches. 425 degrees ; in a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, soda... And stir just until dry ingredients and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened ; stir... The pan for 10 minutes then move them to a cooling rack to cool the rest of the,... Let your muffins cool in the preheated oven until golden and the perfect base for embellishing however you 'd.! 2,000 calorie diet grass-fed butter some raisins crumble in cold cubed butter into the prepared muffin tins fill! Revamped my favourite chocolate Chip muffin recipe, and nutmeg extra flavour combination, can!