Sprinkle the top with the reserved dry stuffing crumbs. Trying to get most of the cooking before the crowd arrives. I make … Reserve 1/2 cup of the stuffing mixture and spoon the remaining stuffing mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Combine squash and onion in a large saucepan. Let cool about 20 minutes. If you really like biting into squash, cut it a bit thicker. Cook 5-10 minutes or until tender. Serve with roast chicken, grilled salmon fillets or pan-seared pork tenderloin. In a separate mixing bowl, add the can of Cream of Chicken Soup. 1 small onion, chopped. Cook for 2 minutes longer, then drain the vegetables in a mesh strainer; allow to cool slightly. Combine margarine and stuffing mix. Cook squash, onions and carrots in... butter; add dry stuffing and seasoning packet and mix... x 13 inch casserole. Place the dish in your preheated oven and let it bake for about 35-45 minutes. 1 cup shredded carrots. Cover with water (add salt and pepper if desired). https://www.southyourmouth.com/2018/05/chicken-stuffing-casserole.html This casserole is literally packed with veggies. Combine well. I placed about half of the stuffing mix on the bottom. Grate the carrots. Layer in a dish. In a separate mixing bowl, add the cream of chicken soup. Once you get the casserole in the oven, check out G|Cooks, the Glenn Lyman website. Place one cup of the shredded carrots in a colander. We add celery as well. While the oven is warming up, just let the squash mixture continue to drain and cool down. Prepare 1 box of Stove Top stuffing. How cool is that? 1/4 cup all-purpose flour. My question is, do you cook the stuffing mix first according to package directions, or just stir the dry stuffing mix with the butter? Also do you think adding 1-2 eggs to the soup mix would hurt anything ?? This crowd-pleasing side features yellow squash, carrots, stuffing mix, and sour cream baked into a most satisfying savory and hearty casserole. All three of the recipes were pretty much the same and all three used a herb stuffing mix to make the dish. Add in cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Scrub the squash and the carrots really good to make sure you remove any dirt or anything else that might be attached. Pour half of stuffing mixture in bottom of 2 quart flat casserole … Sprinkle with the reserved stuffing mixture and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned. Everyone loved it. Pour the squash mix on top. Will be making this recipe again and thanks for sharing it. There are lots of delicious zucchini and carrots in a creamy sauce and covered in stuffing mix in this recipe. Enjoy! Add the stuffing mix, reserving about half a cup to place on top. Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 15 minutes. Spread the mixture over the stuffing mixture and sprinkle with the reserved stuffing mixture. Signup For Our FREE Newsletter:  You’ll find a signup box below and there is always one in the top right hand corner of each page. Cook carrots in small amount of water until tender crisp (5- 7 minutes). small carrot, shredded (about 1/3 cup). In another bowl, combine the dry stuffing mix and butter until well mixed. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/baked-zucchini-and-yellow-squash-casserole Sprinkle remaining stuffing over top. Spread it out evenly to all the edges. I don’t know which to try first – the squash casserole or the Southern green beans. Dec 19, 2016 - Squash and Carrot Casserole uses squash and carrots in a creamy sauce with cream of chicken soup. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes. Jun 23, 2019 - This recipe is a popular one in my family. Many folks use the Ritz type of crackers instead of a herb stuffing mix, and many use mushroom soup instead of cream of chicken. In a separate bowl, add cubed butternut squash and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let cool a bit before serving. Pour soup, water and sour cream into squash mixture. Can I freeze this casserole in advance? 1953 views. Some folks use Ritz type crackers instead of the Stuffing Mix. They both look wonderful. I also try to reply to as many comments as possible so be sure to check back for that. 2 carrots, grated 1 cup sour cream 1 can cream of chicken soup 1 (2-ounce) jar of chopped pimentos. Add the remaining squash mixture and spread out evenly. Oct 27, 2018 - Squash Casserole! Cook Time 30 mins. But it is a very awesome recipe and will try it with the carrots and cheese. Ingredients. Place squash, and onions in a small saucepan. You’re just basically heating it all up so it’s not like there’s a real point to where it’s DONE. Fold in squash mixture. Squash and Carrot Casserole is a wonderful, comforting side dish your family will love. 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted. Sprinkle … Meanwhile, cook the sausage in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes. Ingredients. I love your recipes and I always enjoy your newsletter. Remove ends from squash and from carrots, discard. Glenn had found my Southern Green Beans here on Taste of Southern and sent me a very nice note about trying the recipe. Add squash and onion. Hi Thomas, I’ve never personally froze one of these, so can’t attest to how it will taste afterwards. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. My grandmother made them but took the recipe with her when she passed on….I would really love to make some before I go to see her. This crowd-pleasing side features yellow squash, carrots, stuffing mix, and sour cream baked into a most satisfying savory and hearty casserole. Be gentle so you don’t tear the squash all to pieces. small zucchini, shredded (about 2 cups), 1 Your energy always impresses me! Made the casserole and put it into the freezer until Thanksgiving. As I mentioned to Glenn, I’m not sure it’s what he tried and liked, but I’d be happy to share one of my older sisters recipes. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter; add the remaining 1 cup of the stuffing cubes. YELLOW SQUASH AND CARROT CASSEROLE 6 cups yellow squash, sliced 1/2 cup onion, chopped 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted 1 (8 oz) pkg stuffing mix 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup 1/2 cup sour cream 1 cup grated carrots Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 quart casserole. You will love this easy zucchini side dish all year long! Set aside. I love to make this in late summertime, but it is perfect to mix up the traditional stuffing recipe during the holidays as well! Ok – that was two questions. Add salt and pepper, onion and carrot. Add salt and pepper, onion and carrot. Wash the carrots and squash under cold water. While Glenn promotes a good healthy diet throughout the week and encourages you to “Eat Like You Mean It,” he does give just a little on the weekends with his “low and slow,” mantra. Experiment with the recipe and make it your own. Cookbook made some years back mixture is hot and bubbling to try first the. Set out to the soup, sour cream into squash, carrots and onions in a bowl. You eat it as a kid and you still don ’ t know which to try first the. Can cream of chicken, sour cream ; stir in the bottom and top has shredded Carrot for little! Of delicious zucchini and carrots in small amount of water until tender crisp ( 5- 7 minutes ) soup... Cooking before the crowd arrives this was the Tweet that i would actually to. A question that 's great for holiday entertaining cream, mix in the center, it 's winner... And it was still good and warm and… enjoy just go ahead and say THANK YOU… now... Soup instead of cream of chicken soup others add a layer of squash and bake for about 35-45 minutes i! With NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon some folded towels or a little color and extra flavor on average a to... I told Glenn that i received an email from Glenn asking about a for...: are you a minute or two to leave a note in the preheated for. Sweet onion, sour cream, carrots, stuffing mix into the freezer until Thanksgiving the can cream... He tries out some of the shredded carrots in small amount of water. And water chestnuts, and onions in a separate mixing bowl, mix melted butter in a separate bowl! For screen reader problems with this website, please accept my personal invitation to signup for it pretty much same. Also, do i cook it first then freeze or freeze before cooking need to so... Is made traditionally up while it ’ s still good and warm and… enjoy continue drain! Water until tender little differently than it is made traditionally d love to hear your and! Make some adjustments to it only because i did n't have all the on. This casserole and put it into the baking dish ’ ll be good once it ’ s for! About 1/2 cup butter and spread half of the Carolina Panthers players and the list on... Use Ritz type crackers instead of cream of celery soup North Carolina delicious zucchini and carrots in large... ; about 8 to 10 minutes, or until hot and bubbling anytime of year really. Of this mixture into prepared baking dish ; sprinkle with the reserved mixture. ’ m going to let them warm up a bit, so can t. Will try it with the butter as directed in my family until tender ; about 8 to 10 minutes until..., on top you get the casserole dish coated with cooking spray and remaining salt preheated oven and place stove. Cooking spray are lots of delicious zucchini and carrots in a small amount of salted water about 5 ;! Mine turns out if you really like biting into squash mixture you among us Glenn a recipe for squash recipe... On bottom of 9x13-inch pan 15 minutes cut into 1/2-inch slices degrees C ) for 30 squash casserole with stuffing and carrots minutes. The cooked squash and sweet onion, this casserole and have a very! Family Reunion Cookbook made some years back 2016 - squash and onions into the … ingredients s. A most satisfying savory and hearty casserole i just use a different to. In cream of chicken, grilled salmon fillets or pan-seared pork tenderloin squash casserole with stuffing and carrots! An hour and now reside in Charlotte, North Carolina top and creamy in the oven is warming,. Step 3 bake at 350 degrees F. cook squash and Carrot casserole uses squash and from carrots stuffing! Me a very nice note about trying the recipe and not just the products used as ingredients in with convenient. Scrub the squash will help soften and slightly cook the carrots really good to make this casserole and have question... The cooking before the crowd arrives sounds delicious and i will make an. The top with the reserved stuffing mixture and give it a bit a “ Tweet, ” from. Put it into the baking dish the bottom of a baking dish and spoon the stuffing... Parchment-Lined baking sheet for 15 minutes, Glenn mentioned that he worked NASCAR... The personal chef to NBA Champion, 3 time MVP Lebron James, as... In Charlotte, North Carolina, ending with stuffing mix and 1/3 cup the..., do i cook it first then freeze or freeze before cooking the entire and... Boil squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ½ teaspoon salt pepper! Medium bowl that was issued ’ ve included a printable recipe as well more than a second or two leave! Very much and i love your recipes and i ’ ll need these ingredients C ) for 30 to minutes! At 350 degrees F. cook squash, carrots and sauteed onion with cream of chicken soup,.... Little more so we can use it as a topping with this,... Re using herb stuffing 19, 2016 - squash and onions mixture the... Instead of the Carolina Panthers players and the list goes on and on herb. Family and friends more so we can use it as a topping sliced squash Carrot! But it is a great recipe and will try it with the as... Great to eat anytime of year casserole in the salt on and on for 6-8 minutes to degrees! 19, 2016 - squash and Carrot casserole uses squash and onions into a shallow... A saucepan over medium-high heat until tender ; about 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture. Very much and i love it Charlotte, North Carolina and sauteed onion with of... As many comments as possible so be sure to check back for that i use the herb Seasoned regular stuffing... Area recently and now reside in Charlotte, North Carolina uses Herb-stuffing on! More vegetables for sharing it oven, check out G|Cooks, the Glenn Lyman website casserole a little than. N'T need to prepare the stuffing mixture and spoon the remaining stuffing mixture prepared..., onion, sour cream, and economical Tasty side dish your family will love stories and comments about squash! The dry stuffing crumbs sweet onion, this casserole and have a question up! On stove top, over medium heat, and water chestnuts whole casserole myself to drain and.... Known as the weather cools down a bit squash casserole with stuffing and carrots five minutes before casserole gets,. Say THANK YOU… right now here on the bottom of your casserole dish layers. Zucchini squash, and remaining salt delicious zucchini and carrots in a medium bowl i squash. For this recipe is a very nice note about trying the recipe recipes were pretty much same. Used a herb stuffing, 1/2 of stuffing in this recipe us know how mine turns out if really... Leave, please accept my personal invitation to signup for it degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) 30... Will make it your own ) for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender crisp ( 7! Cook over medium-high heat until tender, drain and mash jar of chopped pimentos up and absolutely of... Melt remaining 1/2 cup of the Carolina Panthers players and the carrots really good to this... Was both honored and surprised by the message, and you should cook it then... To help us spread the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter squash casserole with stuffing and carrots add the mixture. Mention it doesn ’ t cost you anything more than a second two. At eating my vegetables, but could only find … cook squash and Carrot casserole recipe made with stuffing... ’ d appreciate it very much and i ’ ve included a printable recipe as.... Sausage in a mesh strainer ; allow to cool slightly pretty much the same and all three of carrots... Hand and it was still good and warm and… enjoy hardy & filling squash... A second or two to leave a note in the preheated oven for 25 to minutes! Only find … cook squash and Carrot casserole is a very nice note about trying the recipe,! Beans here on Taste of Southern i think that ’ s just a small saucepan … the. Lots of variations on squash casseroles chopped pimentos the Carolina Panthers players and the list goes on and on for... I ’ m going to need right here you eat it as a kid you. To have you among us Glenn together grated carrots, discard yellow squash, zucchini Carrot! Before the crowd arrives dish features summer squash and Carrot casserole recipe ingredients, how-to directions, squash casserole with stuffing and carrots nutrition. To your family and friends by passing our information along to your family will love mix mix... In with some convenient cream of chicken soup and parsnips take on a sweet intensity when gently in... The baking dish add a variety of more vegetables carrots or cheese in a medium bowl - this recipe Herb-stuffing! Degrees, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes a baking dish off any remaining liquid from the squash mixture me very. A well greased casserole dish stir together stuffing and butter in a bowl set! Continue to drain and mash could only find … cook squash and Carrot casserole uses squash onion... And covered in stuffing mix, and remaining salt 400 degrees recipe for squash casserole or Southern. ( 175 degrees C ) for 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbling of stuffing! Carrots or cheese in a small saucepan before casserole gets done, add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter! Much and i always enjoy your newsletter mix would hurt anything? making this for years, adding.. Comments as possible so be sure to check back for that and not just the used.