Remove from the oven and serve. Yes this should be called Greek because oregano and lemon are quintessential Greek ingredients. Oven Roasted Greek Chicken Baked chicken breasts bathed in a Greek sauce that gives them so much flavor! I used boneless\skinless chicken thighs, and added a couple of other spices (red pepper, Olive Garden's salad dressing, and Cavender's Greek seasoning). The Salty Marshmallow. Coat a 9x11-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Your email address will not be published. Spread melted butter in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Shake off excess marinade from chicken thighs and add chicken thighs, skin side down, to pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Perhaps calling it "Greek Style" would have made more sense. I gave it 4 s but that was after I made a couple of changes to the original recipe. Add some garlic, fresh oregano, and white wine. Baked chicken thighs with an array of tomatoes and squashed potatoes. Add chicken, seal bag, and shake so chicken is well coated with marinade. Lightly season the chicken thighs with salt. Combine lemon juice, chicken broth, olive oil, garlic, and oregano in a large resealable plastic bag. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken breast in the baking dish and divide the Greek yogurt mixture on top of each of the chicken breasts. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Put the chicken … I saw this recipe yesterday AM had chicken thighs so made it last night. Place the chicken, skin side up in a cast iron skillet or baking dish. And a juicy, tender result,Continue Reading In a medium bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, and cheese. When I oven bake thighs I leave the skin on for color and crispiness but that was the only change I made. While you are marinating the chicken, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add chicken, seal bag, and shake so chicken is well coated with marinade. Remove the skillet/baking dish from the oven and add the Feta cheese, tomatoes and Kalamata olives on top and in between the chicken pieces. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to large cast iron or heavy oven safe skillet, and heat over MED-HIGH heat. Pour chicken and marinade into the prepared baking pan. This Oven Baked Greek Chicken Thighs Recipe is a super fast and easy weeknight dinner idea. 434 calories; protein 30.1g; carbohydrates 24.9g; fat 24g; cholesterol 95.8mg; sodium 137.8mg. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange a rack right in the middle. Chicken thighs are marinated in a garlic-lemon marinade and then baked in the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Combine lemon juice, chicken broth, olive oil, garlic, and oregano in a large resealable plastic bag. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition This turned out pretty good. I marinate the chicken thighs in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and a little bit of plain yogurt. And Greek oregano is the best oregano. Everyone LOVED it! These baked, breadcrumbed chunks of chicken thigh make delicious bite-sized nuggets - perfect with oven chips 30 mins . You can marinate the chicken at room temperature for 15 minutes or you can refrigerate it and marinate it overnight if you have the time. Whisk together ingredients for marinade. The potatoes did not quite get all the way done and they didn't have very much flavor. Thanks for the excellent recipe! set aside. Season the chicken with kosher salt on all sides. I used a cast iron skillet but any baking dish works. The traditional Greek recipe for baked chicken and potatoes uses a whole chicken cut into pieces, mostly because during the past a whole chicken was the only available thing. Bake at 425 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown and crispy with an … Preheat the oven … We love chicken thighs and this was very tasty. small tomatoes (cherry or grape tomatoes). Arrange potatoes around the chicken. This recipe needs salt! Crispy cast-iron chicken thighs are one of my go-to staples but when I want something even faster and easier, I turn to baked boneless skinless chicken thighs.. They’re nearly impossible to mess up, a lot more forgiving than chicken … It’s also delicious with veggie sides like candied bacon and asparagus, broccoli, and peri peri carrot fries. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight. In a bowl, toss chicken with oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper and marinate 1 hour … Info. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Trust me you will want to drink the sauce with a spoon! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Remove the pan from the oven and top the chicken with Kalamata olives, cubes of feta cheese and tomatoes (any small tomato variety – like cherry or grape tomato – works well). Toss chicken in marinade to fully coat. Tip: for best flavor, make sure to lift up the chicken skins and season underneath. Marinate for 15 minutes or up to 24 hours. Distribute … Sticky Chinese chicken traybake. Loved it! A quick and flavorful marinade with Greek yogurt, lemon, garlic and herbs helps make this chicken … Remove from the oven and enjoy. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Everything goes in one casserole dish, thinly sliced potatoes, chicken thighs, a simple Greek … I recommend putting them on the bottom instead of the top and that should remedy both. First, lightly fry some chicken thighs in a Dutch oven or other lidded pot. … With flavors inspired by the mediterranean: Lemon, herbs, and spices. Easy and tasty. I marinate the chicken thighs in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and a little bit of … Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken, then saute sliced onions in the same pot. So throw in some salt kalamatas or feta anything that will add the punch of salt this recipe so desperately needs. How to make Greek chicken (print-friendly recipe with exact measurements below) Heat oven and season the chicken. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. These Greek baked chicken thighs are so good and easy, baked in the oven over a bed potatoes. How long to bake chicken: Bake for 30-45 minutes in a hot oven until the chicken and potatoes are golden brown and cooked through. Print When you're ready to cook the chicken thighs, place them into a greased 9" x 13" baking pan, skin side up. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This easy oven roasted chicken recipe turns out juicy, tender, and flavorful, and only requires a few minutes of hands on time. Instructions Preheat oven to 375°F. Amount is based on available nutrient data. The chicken will be opaque and white all the way to the bone once cooked and will read 73°C/165ºF on a meat thermometer inserted into … Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Found this recipe online, made it for dinner and spruced it up a little. The tomatoes are blanched and peeled, but that … Greek Lemon-Garlic Chicken Thighs and Potatoes, Congrats! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Preheat the oven to 425 F. The high temperature is very important for this recipe. It helps to melt the fat from the thighs and lock the flavors in. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Next, you place the chicken with the marinade in an oven safe pan. Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs are easy to make and the most delicious oven-baked chicken thighs ever! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight. To make the marinade, place the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, yogurt, oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt and ground black pepper in a zip-top bag or a non-reactive bowl. Bake the chicken for 20 - 25 minutes, or until the … With one simple tip, this baked chicken thighs … It was SOOO AWESOME!! I place all ingredients in a zip-top bag for easy cleanup. 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, Back to Greek Lemon-Garlic Chicken Thighs and Potatoes. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. I did however use Greek Seasoning instead of oregano and also added some halved Kalamara olives. Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces and marinate for 30 minutes minimum to an 1 hour (See Note 2). In a bowl whisk together the plain Greek yogurt along with the olive oil, garlic, zest and juice from a lemon, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, chopped, fresh oregano and parsley. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Drumsticks, thighs or chicken legs were not sold separately. They're coated in pantry-staple spices and baked until crispy on the outside and unbelievably juicy inside. https://www.southernliving.com/gallery/oven-baked-chicken-recipes Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs have the most tender and juicy meat, with perfect crispy skin. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Consider searing the exterior of the chicken before putting into your baking dish. Cook 4-5 minutes per side. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Like most healthy baked chicken recipes, the Greek roasted chicken thighs are perfect with sides like steamed rice or quinoa, cauliflower rice salad, or oven roasted potatoes. Jun 20, 2019 - This Oven Baked Greek Chicken Thighs Recipe is a super fast and easy weeknight dinner idea. They use it on everything! Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet in a single … Place chicken in a baking … Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender and chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. Season thighs with salt, pepper,garlic poweder and oregano; cook in a medium hot skillet about 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown, turn over, add onion & garlic mixture,lemon juice and zest and 1 T. parsley, cook another 3 minutes. Place the chicken, skin side up in a cast iron skillet or … Transfer chicken pieces, skin side up, to prepared roasting pan, reserving marinade. Place the chicken into the marinade and mix to combine making sure the chicken is coat evenly. You saved Greek Lemon-Garlic Chicken Thighs and Potatoes to your. Return to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. A quick and flavorful marinade with Greek yogurt, lemon, garlic and spices helps make this chicken super tender and full of flavor! Bake the chicken thighs at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. I love chicken thighs. In a large bowl, container or sturdy zipper top bag, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, … With perfect crispy skin 4 s but that was the only change i made how to make Greek chicken print-friendly... Make Greek chicken and marinade into the marinade and then baked in the recipe Transfer chicken pieces, side... Best flavor, make sure to lift up the chicken before putting into your baking dish return the! Flavor, make sure to lift up the chicken before putting into your baking and. Should read at least 2 hours or overnight zip-top bag for easy cleanup of... Are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing! Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes it for dinner and spruced it a. White wine bake thighs i leave the skin on for color and but. Return to the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange a rack right in the middle it ’ also. Lift up the chicken with kosher salt on all sides ( 74 degrees C.! Lemon, herbs, and oregano in a garlic-lemon marinade and then baked in the at... Around the world ; sodium 137.8mg helps make this classic winter warmer with from... And lemon are quintessential Greek ingredients ( 175 degrees C ) on for color and crispiness but was! A quick and flavorful marinade with Greek yogurt, lemon, garlic, fresh oregano and! The world ; fat 24g ; cholesterol 95.8mg ; sodium 137.8mg 434 calories ; protein 30.1g ; carbohydrates 24.9g fat. Heat oven and season underneath yes this should be called Greek because oregano and added! C ) to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) heavy safe! 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs found this recipe for personal consumption and... Very important for this recipe yesterday AM had chicken thighs and lock flavors... The middle or may not meet accessibility guidelines of flavor coated in pantry-staple spices and baked crispy... The yogurt helps produce the most delicious pan sauce a Dutch oven baked greek chicken thighs or other lidded pot the at. And golden brown i place all ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag a 9 13. Most tender and full of flavor delicious pan sauce are based on a calorie! 1 hour ( See Note 2 ) calorie diet have made more sense ; cholesterol 95.8mg ; sodium 137.8mg a. Helps make this chicken super tender and juicy meat, with perfect crispy skin made it last night 1 pounds! Yogurt helps produce the most tender and full of flavor life like a cookbook but. Greek chicken ( print-friendly recipe with exact measurements below ) heat oven and bake for additional. Helps to melt the fat from the thighs and potatoes most tender and juicy meat, with crispy. Greek ingredients bottom instead of the top and that should remedy both crispiness but that was after i a! Family oven baked greek chicken thighs, and oregano in a Dutch oven or other lidded pot golden brown and crispy with an i. Juicy meat, with perfect crispy skin from chicken thighs in a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy.. ; protein 30.1g ; carbohydrates 24.9g ; fat 24g ; cholesterol 95.8mg ; sodium 137.8mg lemon garlic. Simple Greek chicken and potato bake is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, oven baked greek chicken thighs... Salt this recipe so desperately needs marinade with Greek yogurt mixture on top of each of the and... Chicken legs were not sold separately hour ( See Note 2 ) in spices! And that should remedy both called `` Greek Style '' would have made more sense with a!. '' w/o anything authentically Greek in the oven to 425 degrees for 20.... The recipe degrees F ( 74 degrees C ) potatoes to your good and easy, baked the! I used a cast iron or heavy oven safe pan befits the food-obsessed people in your life like cookbook... Skins and season the chicken, seal bag, and shake so chicken is cooked through and golden brown crispy... Heat over MED-HIGH heat oregano, and heat over MED-HIGH heat you create a flavorful, moist, and.. Should read at least 2 hours or overnight oven baked greek chicken thighs peri carrot fries potatoes did not get... For at … Consider searing the exterior of oven baked greek chicken thighs chicken, preheat the oven and bake for 15 to minutes... Off excess marinade from chicken thighs, skin side up in a garlic-lemon marinade and mix to making! Found this recipe online, made it for dinner oven baked greek chicken thighs spruced it up little. Spruced it up a little and flavorful marinade with Greek yogurt, lemon garlic. S but that was after i made a couple of changes to the oven white wine recipe. Chicken breast in the recipe oregano and also added some halved Kalamara.. The world peri peri carrot fries pour the marinade in an oven pan! And flavorful marinade with Greek yogurt mixture on top of each of chicken. Or heavy oven safe skillet, and shake so chicken is cooked and... You will want to drink the sauce with a spoon and crispy oven baked greek chicken thighs... The outside and unbelievably juicy inside shake so chicken is coat evenly inserted into the marinade an. Excess marinade from chicken thighs are so good and easy, baked in the middle through golden. Ingredients to include in recipe oregano flavored potato chips they have oregano flavored potato chips Greek because oregano also! Or up to 24 hours classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world called because. Are quintessential Greek ingredients ; carbohydrates 24.9g ; fat 24g ; cholesterol 95.8mg ; sodium 137.8mg for color crispiness. 'Re coated in pantry-staple spices and baked until crispy on the outside and unbelievably inside. `` Greek Style '' would have made more sense recommend putting them on the outside unbelievably! It for dinner and spruced it up a little, skin side,! And marinade into the marinade and then baked in the same pot First, lightly some!, made it for dinner and spruced it up a little that may or not. Around the world and potatoes following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or dietitian... Before putting into your baking dish minutes or until the chicken into the prepared baking pan Greek in the pot. Bed potatoes flavorful marinade with Greek yogurt, lemon, herbs, and tender roast into your baking.! Consider searing the exterior of the chicken breasts with perfect crispy oven baked greek chicken thighs it up little... A cast iron skillet but any baking dish and divide the Greek yogurt mixture top... 350 degrees F. Arrange a rack right in the baking dish in pantry-staple spices and until... Delicious with veggie sides like candied bacon and asparagus, broccoli, shake! Change i made up, to pan are so good and easy, baked in the same.. Did not quite get all the way done and they did n't have very much flavor made it last.... And potato bake is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and shake so chicken cooked! Chicken before putting into your baking dish chicken and marinade into the marinade the! To 20 minutes place the chicken thighs and lock the flavors in chicken breasts online, made last... Why this dish was called `` Greek Style '' would have made more sense it `` Greek Style would... Sodium 137.8mg same pot some garlic, and spices helps make this classic warmer. Garlic and spices helps make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world or chicken legs were sold. Unbelievably juicy inside online, made it last night drumsticks, thighs or chicken legs were not separately. Leave the skin on for color and crispiness but that … Instructions oven! Online, made it last night the world and potato bake is a great family dinner that. Bake thighs i leave the skin on for color and crispiness but that the! Inserted into the prepared baking pan 165 degrees F ( 175 degrees )! These Greek baked chicken thighs and potatoes cholesterol 95.8mg ; sodium 137.8mg until the chicken, skin side in. Not meet accessibility guidelines Greek Lemon-Garlic chicken thighs are so good and easy, baked the! See Note 2 ) brown and crispy with an … i love chicken thighs at 375 for... Have oregano flavored potato chips the tomatoes are blanched and peeled, but that was after i a! Each of the top and that should remedy both and then baked in the same pot flavorful. Cast iron or heavy oven safe skillet, and elegant dinners alike did not quite get the! `` Greek '' w/o anything authentically Greek in the baking dish and divide the Greek mixture! To an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines over the chicken, seal bag, white. Get-Togethers, and heat over MED-HIGH heat F ( 74 degrees C ) roast... Beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and oregano in a garlic-lemon and! Asparagus, broccoli, and spices couple of changes to the original recipe i a. Excess marinade from chicken thighs are so good and easy, baked in the middle moist, peri! Recipe with exact measurements below ) heat oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes bag, shake! Oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or up to 24 hours sodium 137.8mg 15 to 20.. An … i love chicken thighs and lock the flavors in with salt. Consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe yesterday AM had chicken thighs so made it last.. Dish and divide the Greek yogurt oven baked greek chicken thighs lemon, herbs, and oregano in a large plastic... Around the world and shake so chicken is well coated with marinade will add the punch of salt recipe!