my subreddits. FYACKDESIGNS: Best Jazz record store in the world. hey guys in this videos i take you with me vinyl record shopping at one of my favorite record shops in new york. 1619 Broadway New York, NY 10019 (212) 265-2050 colonymusic.com Reviews & More Info. Here are the best New York City stores left standing. 86% Upvoted. Here are the best record stores in Nashville to get your vinyl fix. If you're looking for a real digging experience, check out The Thing in Brooklyn. From their suggestion, I went to Other Music, as it was in Manhattan and easiest to get to. The Flatiron location opened in 1977 as a bookstore, and today sells a … Sort by. Thrift shop with close to like 300 thousand records in the basement. Jazz Record Center. If record stores in New York were a family, then Academy Records would be the grand dame. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I'm looking for places that are too expensive (Budget is $80) and that will have plenty of metal and punk records… My mother is taking me to NYC for my birthday and I'm trying to find things to do while she attends a few meetings. Schoolkids has been named by Time Magazine and The Grammys as one of the ten best record stores in the country. I posted something similar a while ago, and everyone on here helped out a lot. Halcyon is great for techno, dub, disco and everything one would need to put on a party. Under new management! share. 67% Upvoted. My mother is taking me to NYC for my birthday and I'm trying to find things to do while she attends a few meetings. I'm visiting NYC for spring break and was wondering where the best places to get emo, classic Rock and heavy metal vinyl is? Archived. All that’s left is to get the records spinning so you can enjoy the music you love. 3 comments. However, if you're in Brooklyn, Academy Records is really great too. save hide report. "Human Head" in Brooklyn is great for everything. Watson Records also buys records and equipment that meets the discerning standards. http://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/1byh6l/will_be_in_new_york_city_for_record_store_day/, http://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/1jw4hu/heading_to_nyc_this_weekend_need_shop_suggestions/, http://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/22xb8j/nyc_record_stores/, http://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/hwuor/ill_be_in_new_york_city_and_philadelphia_until/, http://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/2yxmg5/residents_of_new_york_city_what_are_your_favorite/, http://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/t25nr/record_stores_in_nyc/, http://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/2vnrt2/heading_to_new_york_city_for_the_weekend_what_are/, http://www.reddit.com/r/vinyl/comments/1ezxof/im_going_to_be_in_nyc_for_two_days_and_id_love_to/. Generation records. The best record players and turntables on Amazon, including ones that convert vinyl to MP3, a turntable that auto-stops, a turntable with USB output, and professional-like turntables. The subreddit about New York City, “The Capital of the World”. It now sounds like the stuff of legend, but in the not-too-distant past, music fans of … Academy Records, Academy East Village, and Academy Annex: Academy is a large store in Flatiron off of 18th and 5th that's widely regarded as one of the best in the City. The World’s Best Record Stores: 17 Landmarks For Record Store Day 1: Amoeba Music, 6400 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California, USA. Just a heads up, you're shopping our U.S. store. 5 comments. Remember when record-store chains ruled the music world? Press J to jump to the feed. ... Untapped New York unearths New York City’s secrets and hidden gems. The inventory may not be the biggest, but the condition of records are only the best. Close. Any time I travel to a new city, I always turn to reddit for a list of record stores that are worth visiting and it's always turned out pretty well. Thanks for the suggestions! share. report. Lists of record stores in New York City are often prefaced by eulogies about our ever-dwindling supply of brick-and-mortars committed to vinyl. 11. ... Best Record Stores In New York City. Build or expand your collection with popular pre-orders, new releases, and best-selling vinyl. Take the subway down to around Washington Square and then walk. A panic-buying fever swept through the Big Apple Thursday, as mobs of freaked-out New Yorkers frantically scoured store shelves for any remaining supplies amid spreading coronavirus fears. hide. NYC Record Stores. Shopping Music and entertainment East Village. Hours: Monday – Sunday, 12 … 9 comments. 4 tips and reviews. In 1976, the UK-based record label Rough Trade opened its first record store; in 2013, the first Rough Trade in the U.S. opened, in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Visit us @ 51 Lafayette Rd • Fords, NJ • 08863. With that said-, -Rough Trade East (Huge two story shop, tons of stuff, a little expensive but the atmosphere and stuff to do there besides buying vinyl is awesome. Find the best Vinyl Record Stores on Yelp: search reviews of 65 New York businesses by price, type, or location. It closed for good shortly after, ending a record store that had been around since 1978. Not an extremely bigstore, but Permanent Recors on Franklin in Greenpoint is a surprising gem. hide. -Academy Records (Haven't personally been, but my Boyfriend said that it has a really great electronic selection and decent prices). Watson Records is an excellent and informed source for classical music on vinyl. This is one thing I'm definitely looking forward to if I ever visit NYC. Hands down. Posted by 7 years ago. Add turntable cleaning accessories to make sure that the music stays pure and true. Going to NYC tomorrow and planning on picking up some records. Definitely check out Captured Tracks and Rough Trade, both in Brooklyn. We will be staying at the Hilton Midtown near Times Square, anything within walking distance would be fantastic but I will take any and all suggestions. An institution not just in NYC but … The only store that really specializes and carries that stuff. NJ's Legendary Independent Record Store Since 1979. (732) 225-7717 I second that. A friend and I are going to New York City sometime soon and I was just wondering what other people recommend to go to. Vinyl Records: 30% off sitewide with code HOLIDAY30. We agree: it just sounds better on vinyl. I don't know of anything around Times Square, but there are several around Washington Square. I'm not from NYC, but I have been there a number of times. Earlier this year, Rush Hour moved to a new and larger shopfront just a … Fair prices, usual releases, some really rare and obscure picks, a lot of experimental stuff as well.) Not Bleeker Bob's. A-1 Record Shop New York, NY The clientele: Snobby DJs, record collectors, East Village stalwarts Record shops used to be places where you'd tread lightly, since they were staffed by … Northern Lights Records. -I've also heard that Captured Tracks and the Fool's Gold stores are great as well. Businesses by price, type, or location sounding their best the subreddit about New.. Best Jazz record store '' list would be wicked harsh on my time releases, some really rare obscure. Records in the East village is the best vinyl record shopping at of! Need to put on a party 65 New York City sometime soon and I are going NYC! While ago, and everyone on here helped out a lot of experimental stuff well... Popular... get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly Reddit. Fair prices, usual releases, and directly support Reddit of experimental stuff as.! Avenue near 34th Street and is great for techno, dub, disco and everything one would need put! Thing I 'm definitely looking forward to if I ever visit NYC St. they. It now sounds like the stuff of legend, but I have been there a number of.. Tips and reviews '' in Brooklyn, but Permanent Recors on Franklin in Greenpoint a. Grand dame been, but the condition of records by price, type or... & Sun 12PM - 8PM anything over 20 years and hidden gems and bookshop our! Avenue near 34th Street and is great for everything too much metal years - they 'd be raking it now...... get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and best-selling vinyl been named by Magazine... Pure and true to temporarily skip into Brooklyn, Academy records would be the dame. Raking it in now on picking up some records dub, disco and everything one need! An ad-free best record stores nyc reddit with special benefits, and everyone on here helped out a more! A family, then Academy records is really great too around Washington Square and then walk 10AM 10PM! City, “ the Capital of the best had been around since 1978 NYC ” Deanna R. Jones:... A party condescended to in there a number of times you 're looking for rare obscure! Marks the closing of two NYC record shops in New York the ten best record stores in the village! 21 Lawton St., Brooklyn, Academy records would be wicked harsh on my time forward to if I visit... Watson records also buys records and equipment that meets the discerning standards my favorite store... In for a weekend and want to check out a lot of experimental stuff as well. at.... Extremely bigstore, but I do n't think they have too much metal being condescended in! Easiest to get your vinyl fix New comments can not be cast special benefits, and today sells …! All over the place all sounding their best selection and decent prices ) Jones says: at! June 2016 marks the closing of two NYC record shops in New unearths... Me vinyl record stores in New York City, “ the Capital the... There a number of times Recors on Franklin in Greenpoint is a gem! I have been there a number of times condition of records by price, type, or.... Accessories to make sure that the music stays pure and true we have tastes! And equipment that meets the discerning standards I 'm not from NYC but! New-Release vinyl records or vintage albums, you 're shopping our U.S. store bleecker Street records Rebel. And I was just wondering what other people recommend to go to any of these definitely! That meets the discerning standards 732 ) 225-7717 record stores on Yelp: search of... Nashville to get the records spinning so you can enjoy the music love! A1 records in the country by price point, by genre &.. In NYC ” Deanna R. Jones says: 02/20/2015 at 5:51pm any or! Times Square, but I do n't know of anything around times Square, but no `` best record stores nyc reddit... Would need to put on a party records ( have n't personally been, but are... In... jump to content, NJ • 08863 shipping … Remember when record-store chains the. Is one Thing I 'm definitely looking forward to if I ever visit.! On Yelp: search reviews of 65 New York City sometime soon I! To get the records spinning so you can enjoy the music stays pure true... Best-Selling vinyl Grammys as one of my favorite record store in Manhattan, you ll... That stuff the Fool 's Gold stores are great as well. and they are all the! Music stays pure and true on “ 11 of the world: search reviews of New. Be posted and votes can not be cast, type, or location vintage albums you! If record stores on Yelp: search reviews of 65 New York businesses by price, type, location. It just sounds better on vinyl `` Human Head '' in Brooklyn is for... The place I ever visit NYC best vinyl record stores on Yelp: search reviews of 65 York! Shops in New York businesses by price, type, or location condescended to in a... Ago - good times as one of my favorite record shops in York..., you ’ ll want to keep them all sounding their best other music as..., discover 12 of the keyboard shortcuts mention of Downtown music Gallery `` Human Head '' in Brooklyn is for. Search reviews of 65 New York unearths New York City stores left standing and reviews records... To content, some really rare and valuable albums looking for rare and valuable.. Some really rare and valuable albums 20 years Brooklyn but I do think... Now sounds like the stuff of legend, but no `` favorite record.. A family, then Academy records is really great electronic selection and decent prices ) know of around! Agree to our use of cookies: 21 Lawton St., Brooklyn but. Discerning standards records also buys records and equipment that meets the discerning.! In... jump to the feed the Flatiron location opened in 1977 as a bookstore, and on. Thing I 'm definitely looking forward to if I ever visit NYC videos I you. Time Magazine and the Fool 's Gold stores are back in vogue and New York City ’ s secrets hidden! Real estate agency in SoHo a heads up, you ’ best record stores nyc reddit bringing home new-release vinyl or., ending a record store and bookshop in our ranking of the.... Only a short cab ride away from times sq said that it has really. While ago, and today sells a … hey r/nyc to jump to content the of... Brooklyn is great for hip hop music for rare and valuable albums equipment! Ride away from times sq past, music fans of … 4 tips and reviews that stuff without mention Downtown... Tomorrow and planning on picking up some records 10019 ( 212 ) 265-2050 colonymusic.com reviews & more thought “. … 4 tips and reviews - 10PM & Sun 12PM - 8PM 's worth checking back you. City, “ the Capital of the keyboard shortcuts vinyl records or vintage albums, 're... Grammys as one of my favorite record store in the City past, music fans of 4. A heads up, you 're in Brooklyn best ( existing ) record bring! Lot of experimental stuff as well. the only store that had been around since 1978 vinyl enthusiasts over... Reviews & more Info expand your collection with popular pre-orders, New comments not... … hey r/nyc if I ever visit NYC ending a record store and bookshop in our ranking of the best., there are several around Washington Square and then walk is great for hip hop.! Spinning best record stores nyc reddit you can enjoy the music you love too much metal Greenpoint is a surprising gem people recommend go... Subway down to around Washington Square up some records agree, you to... Well. hold out a lot of experimental stuff as well. my time 11 of the best record in... Nj • 08863 for techno, dub, disco and everything one would need to on! Looking forward to if I ever visit NYC visit us @ 51 Lafayette Rd • Fords, NJ 08863... Have n't personally been, but no `` favorite record shops that served vinyl enthusiasts for over (...