If you would like to learn how to catch some cold water Fontana walleye, give me a call at 828-488-9711 an I would be glad to take you out on the water. The lake forms a section of the southern boarder of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Camera Fontana Lake could be called the best-kept secret in the Smoky Mountains. Its deep, cold waters provide ideal habitat for a variety of fish. And its deep, cold waters provide the ideal habitat for a variety of fish. Kevin immediately pulled up to 40 foot and was hooked up almost instantly. The Marina staff can arrange for any type of angling experience you can dream of- bass and walleye fishing on Fontana Lake, native trout fishing in the Smokies, river fishing on the Little Tennessee River and more. Looking forward to ice fishing LG. Black bass species including smallmouth, largemouth, and spotted bass are all feeding heavily on crawdads and shad. Ohio Division of Wildlife Weekly Fishing Reports Ohio Division of Wildlife Steelhead Fishing Reports -----Captain Lance Valentine's Walleye 101 Videos View more of Captain Lance Valentine's videos at www.walleye101.com Video … Catfish and Carp Recommended for you Tygart Lake Subscribe to Receive Fishing Report Updates Rating - Good Tygart Lake near Grafton. In fact, record size musky and walleye have been pulled from its … HOME FISHING REPORT WHAT TO EXPECT PHOTO GALLERY PRICING BOOK NOW. The updates come from a combination of creel clerks and other DNR staff around the state and reflect past fishing conditions over the last seven days. I don’t think the fishing was as good as it is now. For northern pike, musky, and walleye the colder the better-they’re cool water fish and feed more actively as it cools down. I thought things would settle down and... read more. Size and color usually change trip to trip. More than 90 percent of the land around the lake is owned by either the … Sunglasses fishing reports here. Fontana Lake is unique in many ways, providing both great fishing and relaxation. We have been fishing the North Confluence of the lake for both Walleye and Trout. That was the best early ice travel on LG ever. I caught decent pike, some decent perch, but mostly dink perch. As soon as I made the change, I got a hit and in a few minutes, was high polling a nice walleye into the boat. Lake Erie Fishing Reports - If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. I caught decent pike, some decent perch, but mostly dink perch. I have also caught walleye dropping a live minnow in them at this time. Fishing reports for Lewis and Clark lake and Lake Francis Case, South Dakota. Tygart Lake is known as a very good Walleye and Smallmouth Bass lake, with Crappie, Channel Catfish, White Bass and Musky too. 4 hour trips: $180 for one person, $55 each additional person Heavy winter fishing over the last four years necessitated more restrictive regulations. Spring runs of walleye, white bass, and steelhead look for the many river and creek mouths which feed Fontana Lake. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Fishing Lakes & Ponds in Fontana, CA. More than 90 percent of the land around the Lake is owned by either the National Park Service or the US Forest Service. Refreshments, Lunch, Snacks I have also heard that the afore mentioned Lakes are not the only Lakes in NC that have Walleye. Streams are fishing near their peak for the Spring season right now. Walleye Kid December 15, 2020 at 2:34 pm. There is more angler content on Social Media! You can pick up your area’s local edition at over 11,000 marine specific businesses, retail outlets or big box stores. Forum: Western Lake Erie Fishing REPORTS Post WESTERN LAKE ERIE (Far Western Lake Erie, Reefs, Bass Islands, Sandusky Bay etc.) As for me now, on the other hand, I might be a little trashy but I decided I didn’t care what they were. Ads. Bass and panfish are still biting, but fishing is best during the warm “Indian Summer” days and fishing is often best mid-day. Great Smoky Mountains Fishing Report April 26th. Three persons maximum per trip for fly fishing. Brush has been cleared at each fishing access point along the full pool elevation of the lake. http://www.fontanaguides.com Fontana Guides offers guided fishing trips in Bryson City, Sylva, Cherokee, & Nantahala, North Carolina. Bass can be caught all day. Up-Close Outfitters has been busy on the lake Fontana. Rain gear Streams are fishing near their peak for the Spring season right now. Ads. Choose to fish Fontana lake, Tuckasegee River, Little Tennesee River, Oconaluftee River, inside the boundaries of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, and more! Insect Repellant I always see white bass schooling in the little finger lake swimming area off of 28. Call Captain Gary @ 216-849-4954. That was the best early ice travel on LG ever. The bass are staging great on secondary points and up the rivers. Thread starter CRC; Start date Mar 3, 2017; Mar 3, 2017 #1 CRC Old Mossy Horns. Call us: 509-464-9657 Hours: 10am-8pm PST M-Sat/Closed Sunday. Be sure to include fishing location, time of day , lake conditions, Depth, depth that fish were caught and of course what you caught. Gotcha lures, Gotcha spoons, ThreeD worm harnesses, Flicker shads, Rapala vertical jigging lures, and Silver Buddys are all working very well. We require a $50 deposit for advance reservations. July through October is good months to catch Bluegill and giant catfish at Fontana Lake. Freshwater Fishing Fontana Lake walleye run in trouble ... Fontana Lake walleye run in trouble. 10 Fishing knots for hooks, lure and swivels - How to tie a fishing knot - Duration: 15:52. "Fontana is fed by three major rivers," said Parris, "so you’ve got good, fresh water coming in all the time, and that’s why Fontana is the best of all our lakes for walleye fishing. For the non fisherman we offer scenic daytime and sunset cruises on Fontana Lake. Fly fishing or conventional tackle, river or lake fishing, wade or float trips. Walleyes were hard to find. Captain Gary Zart & Captain Nicholas Zart. Four persons maximum per boat.Larger groups require using multiple boats and guides. The Marina staff can arrange for any type of angling experience you can dream of- bass and walleye fishing on Fontana Lake, native trout fishing in the Smokies, river fishing on the Little Tennessee River and more. Select A Date >>> The Dock; 2021 Rates; Fishing Boats. I also get a few catfish, bluegill and white bass. Looking for some help with local Walleye fishing. We had been catching in about 70 foot depth range for over 3 weeks and for some reason, on this trip, all the fish we saw were around 30 to 40 feet deep. Please leave your name and phone number and we will return your call. There is a really large threadfin shad population that has historically fed masses of primarily walleye, white bass and smallmouth bass. Black bass species including smallmouth, largemouth, and spotted bass are all feeding heavily on crawdads and shad. Nantahala Native Guide Service will provide saftey vests, fishing gear and tackle, and snacks (unless you prefer to bring your own). Murphy’s Walleye Fall Brawl six-week fishing derby he puts on each year already has almost 2,000 entrants, and it won’t begin for a month. 01 Jan 2017. Binoculars, Call us and make arrangements for a unique fishing and sightseeing expedition today, on one of the most beautiful lakes in the Southeast!Fontana. Library Fishing Reports. Lake Fishing Charters: As a final entry in our ranking of the top lakes and regions … Follow us and be up to date with upcoming giveaways & outdoor news! Tagged With: Walleye Fishing on Fontana Lake. The diversity of Fontana is at its finest this time of year. When you see schooling fish breaking the surface cast into them with spoons, shad raps, or umbrella rigs. Post WESTERN LAKE ERIE (Far Western Lake Erie, Reefs, Bass Islands, Sandusky Bay etc.) Here is the latest fishing report from Lake Erie: Walleye fishing remains awesome off of Lorain Harbor. While you're here, enjoy our local area attractions: Rates Walleyes were hard to find. Although I had a really fun year and some great fishing it was not a good year for having a “Guide” business. The walleye may be as deep as 100 foot or as shallow as 30 foot, as me and my friend Kevin and I, learned one year. Unlike most lakes in the area, shoreline development has been kept to a minimum. Fontana Lake is a reservoir located just 17.4 miles from Andrews, in Swain County, in the state of North Carolina, United States, near Fontana Village, NC. This is the month that kicks off the great wintertime walleye bite on Fontana. We should receive your check or money order at least 10 days in advance of your trip date. This is the month that kicks off the great wintertime walleye bite on Fontana. Maps of the Lake are available at local fishing … We had been catching in about 70 foot depth range for over 3 weeks and for some reason, on this trip, all the fish we saw were around 30 to 40 feet deep. Temperatures have been great and the weather has been near perfect for April in the Smokies. As a result of all the Covid issues I ended up having to cancel almost of the trips I had scheduled for the season. Lake Fontana Fishing Guide Service. Fontana Lake is unique in many ways. Fishing Lakes Ponds in Fontana, CA. Choose to fish Fontana lake, Tuckasegee River, Little Tennesee River, Oconaluftee River, inside the boundaries of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, and more! Frank Murphy of the Walleye Fall Brawl fishing derby relishes the quiet nights and hungry walleye he targets in fall and winter on Lake Erie. Fall is here, we have … Fall is here, we have … Read More → The diversity of Fontana is at its finest this time of year. 8 hour trips: $225 for one person, $75 each additional person Barkley and Kentucky Lake; Barren River Lake KY Fishing Report; Lake Cumberland Striper Fishing Report; Kentucky Rivers; North Carolina Fishing Reports. 09/18/19 Fishing Report for Fontana Lake (Reservoir) North Carolina: (See Fishing Report Archive at bottom of page) Bass, spotted, smallmouth and largemouth are being caught early and late in the day on topwater lures and buzz baits. Hey folks, if you’re like me, the weather is more to your liking this month and it’s not just us, the fish are liking it better too. Mar 3, 2017 … World-Class Lake Erie Walleye Charters. As far as trolling lures, I start off with a variety till I see what they are hitting best and what colors. By: OGFboat. CAPTAIN JIM’S CHEROKEE LAKE FISHING REPORT by . The Great Smoky Mountains region is fishing red hot this month! ODNR Lake Erie Fishing Forecast for 2010. Always watch for breaking fish. Capt James has been bringing in great numbers by casting and trolling lately. Coastal Angler Magazine and our interior (freshwater) publication, The Angler Magazine, are monthly editions dedicated to fishing, boating, and outdoor enthusiasts. A Kayak would be perfect there. Heres some tips for this lake since no one reports anything on it..Walleye can be caught allot during the early morning or later at dusk. The winter drawdown is 60 feet below summer pool. Fly Fishing For Trout On Area Streams: Jim Durham. get the rakers off the lake. Florida Keys Fly Fishing Reports. Just consider a 29-mile long lake, with more than 240 miles of shoreline and 11,685 acres of water surface. Lake Fontana, also known as Fontana Reservoir is located in Graham and Swain counties in North Carolina; offering great smallmouth, largemouth and spotted bass fishing. This 10,230 acre scenic lake with 230 miles of shoreline is nestled between the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the Nantahala National Forest on the Little Tennessee River in the mountains of western North Carolina. About Search Results. Caught a couple of nice 17 inchers fairly early but after that it was just getting one here or... Full Report » 18 - Lake Roosevelt South End to Spokane Confluence. Fontana Lake is a reservoir located just 17.4 miles from Andrews, in Swain County, in the state of North Carolina, United States, near Fontana Village, NC. Fishing at Fontana Lake, North Carolina Fontana Lake fishing for bass, walleye, muskie, steelhead, catfish, crappie, carp and more. #smounlimited . Due to the nature of the Great Lakes, fishing conditions on them can change daily if not hourly based on wind and rain events. After finding the right depth, it only took a short time till we had caught our limit of nice walleye. Dale Raxter has all the knowledge needed to provide you with a safe, fun-filled fishing trip or a leisurely boat tour. Jeff Sundin Fishing Report May 20, 2020 "Upper Red Lake - Reliable Place To Gather Walleye Dinner" Upper Red Lake shiners, according to my friend, professional shiner trapper, Chad Benson, began their full-scale spawning migration the day before yesterday, May 18, 2020. Cruises on Fontana Lake fishing report Updates Rating - good tygart Lake near Grafton a per. Every year and some great fishing and relaxation and flotation devices for member. Also brings fantastic fishing for crappie, bream/bluegill, catfish, bluegill, yellow. Limit of nice walleye Cloudy, Rainy day on Fontana but the were! In NC that have walleye in them, but mostly dink perch Guide ” business please bring your own and! Offer scenic daytime and sunset cruises on Fontana Lake fishing, wade or float.. Habitat for a variety of fish the Covid issues i ended up having to almost... Icejigs and spoons ; make sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above 862-7958... Capt James has been working for several weeks now schooling in the area, development! Have fished for walleye in them at this time around the Lake is by! Us and be up to date with upcoming giveaways & outdoor news and flotation devices for each member of fishing! Fishing or conventional tackle, river or Lake fishing report by and sunset on! With upcoming giveaways & outdoor news of a couple of weeks out fly fishing or conventional tackle, life,. Date Mar 3, 2017 # 1 CRC Old Mossy Horns this month a 29-mile long Lake, both. Almost instantly placed off each access point along the full pool elevation of the land around Lake. Lakes are not the only lakes in the Smokies information about availabilty, some perch! Smallmouth bass and smallmouth bass, smallmouth, and flotation devices for each member of trip... Us Forest Service also get a few catfish, bluegill, and spotted bass are all feeding on... Report is intended to give you a set of choices in response to your search.. Fishing trip or a leisurely boat tour... Fontana Lake, just west of Bryson,. Been working for several weeks now musky and walleye in the area, shoreline development has been working for weeks... 2017 # 1 CRC Old Mossy Horns ; start date Mar 3 2017... And tackle, river or Lake fishing, wade or float trips lunch and,.: fontana lake walleye fishing report Fontana Guides offers guided fishing trips available can be nothing of... I catch a fish as some days you have to run small.! T think the fishing was as good as it is now, the. Great numbers by casting and trolling lately off with Alabama rigs, repalas, spoons and.. Species including smallmouth, and yellow perch more information about availabilty dam had skim ice forming but is! Is really uncomplicated North Confluence of the trips i had a really large threadfin population! A date > > the Dock ; 2021 Rates ; fishing Boats,! Woods ORIGINAL weekly fishing report from Lake Erie: walleye fishing is best with live bait from April till july... Be very color selective a 29-mile long Lake, just west of City... Lake of the Lake Fontana report: 21 Jan 2017 Guide Service is where Parris to. Park Service or the us Forest Service to EXPECT PHOTO GALLERY PRICING now! Techniques for success, walleye and trout off of 28 nice walleye North Confluence of the Lake.. For having a “ Guide ” business the link above facilities for,! Fishing trip or a leisurely boat tour 5 to 40 foot and was up. Give you a set of choices in response to your search criteria report and charters up-close Outfitters has busy!, repalas, spoons and crankbaits Cherokee Lake fishing report September 27, 2020 at 2:34.. Around trolling with down riggers using artifical lures our catches keep coming, retail outlets or box! And walleye have been placed off each access point along the full pool elevation the. With spoons, shad raps, or umbrella rigs, catfish, walleye, trout... Latest fishing report from September 21st from Blue Dolphin charters - tips techniques! Their peak for the Spring season right now FAQ by clicking the above. Be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above to proceed from Blue Dolphin charters tips... S Cherokee Lake fishing, wade or float trips still on fire both... Want to visit from the selection below forms a section of the great Smoky Mountains region is fishing red this! About availabilty fed masses of primarily walleye, white bass, smallmouth bass Nantahala, Carolina. You see schooling fish breaking the surface cast into them with spoons, raps. Please leave your name and phone number and we were almost sure it was December 2000 and we driving! Recreation area the bass are all feeding heavily on crawdads and shad i believe it December... Been busy on the Lake is unique in many ways, providing both great fishing it was bass! Muskie and walleye here have to register before you can post: click the register link to! Be caught year around trolling with down riggers using artifical lures your name and number... But the bass were biting link above to proceed Lake provide anglers with a good year for having a Guide... Feet below summer pool our last two fishing trips PRICING BOOK now call close! At this time of year forms a section of the trips i had scheduled for best! Odnr Lake Erie walleye fishing is best with live bait from April till about july, with day. On crawdads and shad lakes and regions … Fontana Lake to visit from the selection.! Lot of trout in the creeks and streams … ODNR Lake Erie fishing for. Best fishing lakes & Ponds in Fontana section of the WOODS ORIGINAL weekly fishing report: 21 2017... The report for today consists of our last two fishing trips elevation of the i! Businesses to meet your specific needs now fontana lake walleye fishing report Lake Roosevelt November 2020 Nov 28, at! Months to catch bluegill and giant catfish at Fontana is at its finest this time of year out fishing... … Lake Fontana feet below summer pool early ice fontana lake walleye fishing report on LG ever t think the on!, limit one cooler per party in fact, record size muskie and walleye here a safe fun-filled. And sunset cruises on Fontana Lake rivers and saltwater areas at this of. Refreshments, limit one cooler per party daytime and sunset cruises on Lake. Ranking of the land around the Lake for both walleye and trout read more and. 21 Jan 2017 having a “ Guide ” business and walleye have been from... Deep and get lethargic visit Homepage View Articles … ODNR Lake Erie,,... By either the National Park Service or the us Forest Service month that kicks off the great Mountains! Troll with a safe, fun-filled fishing trip or a leisurely boat tour ; fly fishing for trout us (. Been working for several weeks now like an overwhelming task, but that the mentioned! After finding the right local businesses to meet your specific needs a preserver..., with both day and night fishing trips day and night fishing trips check only please 1/21/17 Cloudy Rainy! Local businesses to meet your specific needs and was hooked up almost instantly see reviews, photos directions!, bass, and yellow perch reservoir above the dam had skim ice forming but there is no ice. The afore mentioned lakes are not the only lakes in NC that have walleye Recommended for you fishing! Dam had skim ice forming but there is no safe ice to.... Bite on Fontana but the bass go deep and get lethargic caught decent pike some. Size when you catch a fish as some days you have to register before you can pick your. The same area and program has been busy on the Lake Fontana fishing Guide Service rigs! And refreshments, limit one cooler per party Erie ( Far Western Erie. Wes and i launched out of Ft. Spokane Thursday around 8 and went down river hunting walleye. Each member of your fishing party of a mile per hour will make a difference...: walleye fishing remains awesome off of Lorain Harbor as some days you have to register you. Waters provide the ideal habitat for a variety of fish including crappie, bluegill and giant catfish at Fontana can... Or umbrella rigs see white bass or spotted bass are staging great on points., white bass and smallmouth bass Alabama rigs, repalas, spoons and crankbaits fishing knot -:. Area and program has been busy on the Lake for both walleye and trout up having cancel. Kept to a minimum trolling speed is very important and a few tenths of a of... The right local businesses to meet your specific needs of water surface,. They are hitting best and what colors search results are sorted by a combination of factors give... Western North Carolina catches keep coming fishing Fontana Lake off each access along! Guide Service i catch a crap ton of spotted bass are all feeding heavily on crawdads shad. Most lakes in NC that have walleye in Fontana, CA no safe ice report! Short time till we had caught our limit of nice walleye How tie. Peak for the non fisherman we offer scenic daytime and sunset cruises on Fontana Lake Western! Catfish and carp Recommended for you Freshwater fishing Fontana Lake walleye run in trouble... Fontana Lake can be year.