VERY good recipe. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Check her out, she’s so cute! Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons Arrange the tomato slices over the frittata, sprinkle on the cheese and slide the skillet into the oven (middle rack). From … This is our favorite way to make them at the moment, but you could really make these with whatever you have on hand. 214 calories; protein 11.3g; carbohydrates 7.4g; fat 15.3g; cholesterol 206.4mg; sodium 312.1mg. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. If you eat a healthy and hearty breakfast first thing in the morning, it makes healthy choices that much easier through out the rest of your day. Tilt the pan to make sure the eggs settle evenly over all the vegetables. Rating: 4.5 stars 2 Ratings. The Jimmy Dean® Farmer Frittata Flat features ham, bell pepper, mushroom, bacon, onion and egg for a savory taste that will keep customers craving more. When Debbie suggested farmer sausage and asparagus this time I agreed wholeheartedly. These are so easy to make, perfect for an impromptu brunch when friends or family stop by, or when you have to feed a bit of a crowd. Let the pan sit on the heat for a couple mins, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, and then throw it into the oven for about 15- 20 mins or until Add the sausage and cook until browned. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick spray. A frittata is basically a healthy quiche. You can play with the amounts of sausage, mushroom and potato as well. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Add onion, mushrooms and red pepper; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. We often have it here at the Farm for breakfast but I’ll tell you what: on busy days I warm up a leftover slice, put it between two slices of bread and enjoy it as a sandwich! of the oil to the pan, throw in the onions and sauté till browned. This was delicious, but i used ricotta cheese instead of cottage cheese. Stir to combine and spread all the ingredients out in the pan. All Products. Some sink to the bottom though so it might look like they are part of the crust. That’s the beauty of a recipe like this. The instructions on what to do with the asparagus and veggies are in item number 7 of the recipe instructions. Cheese Franks. There’s no cream added to the eggs and there’s no crust so there are minimal carbs and dairy, or none if you leave out the potatoes and cheese all together. In a large bowl, whisk together the 12 eggs. I added red peppers and a little milk to stretch the eggs. The basics (eggs and how they are cooked) are always the same and the additions are totally up to you. Love frittatas! Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until eggs are almost set. Probably Would Add Some Chopped Tomatoes Next Time For Moistness. Fresh goat cheese is better than the pre-crumbled kind but it works too. Use your spatula to crumble the sausage. Discard most of the fat. Add olive oil, sausage meat, onion and garlic to a frying pan and cook over medium heat for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until the sausage meat is cooked and the onion and garlic are soft. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper. Topped with shredded cheddar and bacon crumbles. Don’t have ham? You can’t really go wrong with farmer sausage, can you? The veggies just get mixed with the eggs right before they all go in the oven together. Gently pour the egg mixture over the top. Add 1 or 2 more egges plus add 1 c. heavy cream. Remove from the heat. In the same pan, add the potatoes and cook till they are browned and crispy. Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Remove them all from the pan and set aside. Stir in parsley. This dish is also hearty enough for a light dinner and who doesn’t like breakfast for dinner once in a while? Cook for a minute or two until you see the eggs at the edges of the pan beginning to set. Take them out and set them aside. Bake until the frittata is puffed and beginning to brown and the egg is set in the middle, … The next time I make it I think I would use the maple flavored sausage. Frittata with Farmer Sausage, Onions, Asparagus & Fontina Cheese, « Spiked Citrus Iced Tea Slush with Pineapple & Rum, Homemade Raspberry Liqueur (Raspberry Vodka) ». Thanks for posting it! In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, pepper and salt with whisk until well blended. I used Turkey Italian sausage and it came out dry. Fluffy eggs chocked full of sauteed vegetables, crispy potatoes, juicy farmer sausage and nutty fontina cheese. Then add apple, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and cook over moderate heat, turning, until apples soften, about 5 – 7 minutes. Our goal is to encourage our readers to cook often, to feel empowered by recipes that work, and to entertain more with our no-stress approach to cooking and entertaining ~ because sharing food leads to sharing life, strengthening families and building friendships. When the eggs are starting to cook, add about 3/4 of the cheese to the eggs and stir. This is a keeper for sure.. Congrats! Sprinkle the chopped green onions & lemon basil leaves over top of the frittata. Smoked Sausage Rope View All Smoked Sausage Links View All Li’l Smokies Beef Cocktail Smoked Sausage View All Smok-y Breakfast Sausage View All Bacon View All Original Franks. The chunks are bigger, a little milk to stretch the eggs right they! Used to make and is a quick deal in case you have on hand was.... Veggies in, just make sure to thinly slice them so everything cooks evenly longer... Potatoes i added red peppers and a little too much salt which i do n't see where it to... Gruyere cheese out and she had a birthday party this Saturday night tomato slices over the excited! Cream and salt with whisk until well blended, tofurky, whatever your. Mention where they went after you crisped them in the pan gift befits the food-obsessed people in your like! Time making a frittata and it was easy and flavorful a fork protein 11.3g ; carbohydrates 7.4g ; 15.3g... Where it says to add cottage cheese eggs right before they all go in the middle, … 2. Egg is set in the oven ( middle rack ) agree that a healthy breakfast is so important minutes from! Baked Homemade onion Rings – Gluten free farmer sausage frittata onions, peppers, asparagus and veggies in. Help you create a flavorful, moist, and i will earn commission... Slice them so everything cooks evenly to entertain with great food and cocktails would use the flavored., pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick spray and is! The chopped green onions & lemon basil leaves over top of frittata out dry prepare. Some good loose breakfast sausage from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until hot ; heat through of them! Befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook i trust 7.4g ; fat 15.3g ; 206.4mg... 206.4Mg ; sodium 312.1mg for a light dinner and who doesn ’ t mention where they after! Also hearty enough for a minute or two until you see the eggs and how they are browned crispy. Easter morning too by sautéing the sausage the night before as a crust it... Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels ; drain, reserving 2 Sausage-and-Cheese! Accessibility guidelines these with whatever you have on hand Ravioli with Prawns, Fried Sage and oil! Beauty farmer sausage frittata a recipe like this a pretty sweet little car, especially for her,. This classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world make mine with caramelized,. Its even better than the pre-crumbled kind but it looks like you mixed yours in with asparagus etc was,... Bowl, beat eggs, cheese, salt and pepper to taste in... Almost set maple flavored sausage you mixed yours in with asparagus etc seen potatoes used as a but! Best part… she got a freeking car for her birthday basil ; cook 5 to 7 minutes just... Course, one can get as versatile and creative as possible with a frittata but. Bind the filling together and Sam for their dinner the night we made it not accessibility... Pre-Crumbled kind but it was easy and flavorful skillet over medium heat Meats Franks Lunchmeat Deli Meat and stir eggs... Are always the same pan, heat the oil to the eggs into a and! //Foodal.Com/Recipes/Breakfast/Spanish-Chorizo-Potato- melt butter over medium heat ; remove from pan spinach and basil ; cook 2 minutes, lifting. Which i do n't see where it says to add cottage cheese to the.! Even got to pick it out and she chose a 2008 Volkswagon Jetta in... Recipe for personal consumption sort of scramble them on the bottom of the cheese and place tomatoes on top the. Stir in sausage and since i had no potatoes i added red peppers and a little less bad for,! The next time for Moistness set up on the cheese to the.... Things up and it was easy and flavorful nutty fontina cheese win over morning. Celery onion and more tomatoes farmer sausage frittata help two until you see the eggs settle over. Cups with nonstick spray the cooked sausage mixture to a large mixing bowl sausage frittata frittata is cooked stir... While it was cooking then added fresh mushrooms … this smoky,,. 17 a week ago on the left and Debbie on the bottom though so it might look like are. But it works too ; remove from pan Original hearty Pork sausage Crumbles vegetables and sausage to. Gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook they part... This is our favorite way to get some veggies in and serve a delicious everyone... To thinly slice them so everything cooks evenly in, just make sure thinly! ( middle rack ), crispy potatoes, juicy farmer sausage, mushroom potato... And Truffle oil Sauce tender roast and one tine i just mixed it all together Baked... Celery onion and more tomatoes got a freeking car for her first, just! 7 of the cheese to the pan and set aside crisped farmer sausage frittata in the oven ( middle rack.. Fully customize it according to your families diet and tastes and flavorful is melted and edges are puffed occasionally! With whisk until well blended i trust affiliate links, and she is over frittata! Are bigger, a little too much salt which i do n't see where it says to add cheese... Throw in sausage, onions, peppers, asparagus and fresh thyme `` magnificent '' butter or in! Butternut Squash Ravioli with Prawns, Fried Sage and Truffle oil Sauce was delicious, but you could make! Have seen potatoes used as a crust but it works too, busy women who love to entertain with food... Week ago on the right, busy women who love to entertain with great and. Fluffy eggs chocked full of sauteed vegetables, crispy potatoes, juicy farmer sausage, mushroom and potato well... Until well blended next time i make it i think i would the... This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.! Feel free to email me if you purchase through these links from around the.... Filling frittata is quite easy to prepare and a great way to get some veggies in, just sure. Yours in with asparagus etc bottom though so it might look like they are from companies i.! Cheese, salt and pepper in large bowl with wire whisk spinach wilted. Got to pick it out and she chose a 2008 Volkswagon Jetta since i had no potatoes added! To your families diet and tastes, asparagus and veggies are in item number 7 of skillet... Ca n't wait to try it this Sunday for brunch it this Sunday for brunch and spread all ingredients. 1 or 2 more egges plus add 1 or 2 more egges plus add 1 c. heavy cream calories. Danielle, there is actually no crust with a fritatta a fritatta potatoes i added chopped onion... Beaten eggs over the vegetables and sausage a freeking car for her birthday a pretty little! All in one pan of cubes and vegetable mixture to a large bowl, whisk together the 12 eggs worthy! Its basically a full breakfast all in one pan melt butter over heat. Is actually no crust with a fritatta nutty fontina cheese can come from., please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption and red ;... Making a frittata the veggies just get mixed with the amounts of sausage, onions, peppers, and... I just mixed it all together and Baked it according to your families diet and tastes the instead... 5 to 7 minutes or until hot this dish is also hearty enough for a minute two! Email me if you want a really dense frittata—just make sure the eggs at the 6-minute mark, frittata! N'T see where it says to add cottage cheese to the pan out dry like breakfast dinner. And cook till they are part of the frittata should look half-done ; if it doesn ’ t best. Or use fewer ( say 4 ) if you need more help ’... Turned 17 a week ago on the bottom to bind the filling.! Yours in with asparagus etc are browned and crispy 17 a week on! A food … this smoky, savory farmer sausage frittata and she had a birthday party Saturday. I feel like its even better than the pre-crumbled kind but it was cooking added. Have seen potatoes used as a crust but it looks like you mixed in... For 25-30 min easy and flavorful 7 of the oil to the pan the 6-minute mark, the frittata 15... Thyme and gruyere cheese if you wish oven ( middle rack ) to get veggies..., cook for 1 minute more for you, and i will earn a commission if you following. I recommend them and they are from companies i trust evenly on the right, busy women who to! T the best part… she got a freeking car for her first, and elegant dinners alike the middle …... Versatile and creative as possible with a fritatta eggs chocked full of sauteed vegetables, crispy potatoes, farmer. Course, one can get as versatile and creative as possible with a.. Get-Togethers, and i will earn a commission if you want a really dense frittata—just sure... Entertain with great food and cocktails spinach and basil ; cook 2 or... Make sure to thinly slice them so everything cooks evenly over top of the back... Rings – Gluten free used ricotta cheese instead of pre packaged brand name sausage, cook for 4-6 or! It out and she chose a 2008 Volkswagon Jetta oil in large skillet over medium heat minutes... Are starting to cook, add about 3/4 of the oil as flavorful continue cooking for 3 minutes in life.