You’ve successfully signed up! Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper. The beginner and average cook can easily make the dishes on “Kylee Cooks” using ingredients available from most local grocery stores. In a small bowl, combine the pesto, cream cheese and a few grinding of black pepper. FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES! ), the store in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Depending on how crazy you get with the filling, you can press the edges together to seal, or use toothpicks. Simply cut open a chicken breast, pop some cheese, cream cheese and pesto inside and voila! Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream, After Dinner Affogato (with or without booze!). Place a large pan with some oil on your stove and turn the heat to medium. Once the pan is smoking hot pan, sear the chilled cream cheese stuffed chicken breasts … Check your email for details. Green beans, brussels sprouts, roasted broccoli are all fair game here! Gooey. Full, printable recipe below – just scroll down to the recipe card! Add some Italian seasoning or garlic powder when seasoning the chicken, for a kick of extra flavor. This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. Roll the chicken pieces and arrange them in a baking dish. About 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken. Just remember to remove them before you eat! Season the inside of the chicken thigh, place 1/8th the cheese mixture inside and … Chicken should be cooked to 165 degrees F when tested with a digital thermometer in the thickest part. Prepare a baking sheet – either add foil, or grease well with cooking spray (alternatively you can use a rack). Other recipes you’ll enjoy that use Pesto: WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE? Kylee is not a certified nutritionist. Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Depending on how crazy you get with the filling, you can press the edges together to seal, or use toothpicks. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Create a pocket in the chicken: Cut along the thin side, lengthways, without going all the way through. Combine cream cheese, basil pesto and pepper in a small bowl with a fork. Chicken breast stuffed with pesto and mozzarella cheese, wrapped in bacon, seared, and baked. Divide the sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese … Creamy Chicken Stuffed Mini Peppers with Spinach Walnut Pesto are sweet little bells loaded with bubbling cheese, tender chicken, roasted peppers, and shallots then drizzled with a thick, herbaceous spinach pesto. Create a pocket in the chicken: Cut along the thin side, lengthways, without going all the way through. Top each chicken breast with a slice of cheese, roll up and wrap with the bacon (it may take 2-3 slices for each piece.) Cream Cheese and Pesto Stuffed Chicken (Recipe by EatingWell) Ingredients: 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (1-1 1/4 pounds total) 1 egg white 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil; Cream Cheese-Pesto Filling: 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese 1 tablespoon basil pesto, (store-bought or homemade) Freshly ground pepper, to … Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts and filling. Add chicken breasts; cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes. If you stuff a LOT of filling in, you may need to use toothpicks to hold your chicken together. Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of a chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side. Recipes that will feed the family, without breaking the bank! Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken is such a popular and easy dinner recipe. Step 1: Make the filling, stuff the chicken. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Instructions. This stuffed chicken breast recipe is one of my all-time favorite chicken dinners. Cook the chicken on both sides, until lightly browned. Read More. Combine Boursin, 1/3 cup of pesto and onions in a small bowl. Preheat oven to 200 °c (390 °F). If you love pesto, add an extra tablespoon of pesto to the filling. Chop the garlic coarsely and arrange it in an oiled ovenproof dish. I’ve listed a few below, but feel free to mix it up and make whatever you love! Place the chicken over the garlic, season with salt and pepper and spread the cream cheese mixture on top. ), Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Shallots and Bacon, Roasted Baby Potatoes (with Honey Mustard), Sauteed Green Beans Recipe (an easy side dish!). Open up each breast and place one-fourth of the filling in the center. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow glass dish. It couldn't be easier. Place the chicken, browned-side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Hold each chicken breast half together and dip in the egg white, then dredge in the breadcrumbs. (Discard leftovers.). Panko breadcrumbs are awesome in this recipe! Top with marinara sauce and cheese. I have to tell you, I had no idea there were so many ways to stuff a chicken breast! This chicken has a delicious cheesy spinach filling and is baked until tender and juicy. Lightly beat egg white with a fork in a medium bowl. Set and forget, and come back to a delicious meal, ready to eat! Amazing, easy bacon wrapped chicken breast that’ll make you lick your plate. Dip the chicken in the beaten egg and then layer with the Stove Top Stuffing Mix and Italian breadcrumbs. Need dinner fast? Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center or until an instant-read thermometer registers 170°F, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Pesto Chicken Stuffed Shells ... 4 ounces cream cheese, softened 1 cup freshly grated parmesan or asiago cheese +1/4 for topping 3 tablespoons prepared pesto 2 cups shredded cooked chicken 2 … Add the pesto/cream cheese mixture to each chicken breast. Dip each chicken breast in the beaten egg, then coat in the breadcrumbs. Maybe a pint of ice cream, but my Creamy Skillet Pesto Chicken is a close second! Check out my top categories to help you get dinner on the table. This chicken dish is packed with lots of wonderful flavors. Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking. Anything breaded absolutely gets my vote! How to Prep Two-Cheese Chicken with Pesto. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium high … Mix the cream cheese, pesto and half the shredded cheese until combined. This 30-minute meal takes regular old chicken breasts, loads them with parmesan and basil, and douses them is a luscious creamy pesto sauce that’ll make you weak in the knees. Lay the chicken breasts flat into your greased baking dish, and top … Update: This was originally posted in March 2011, it was republished in August 2020 with new photos. Find quick and easy meals for weeknights here. If you stuff a LOT of filling in, you may need to use toothpicks to hold your chicken together. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is golden brown. If you love breaded recipes, you have to try my Pork Schnitzel recipe. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Cut slits lengthways into the chicken breasts. A longtime foodie and cook, I bring approachable, affordable, tried and true recipes to the table. 3.Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of a chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side. Full Disclosure Policy. Remove the chicken from pan. 2.Combine cream cheese, pesto and pepper in a small bowl with a fork. Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Good luck stopping at one! (Chicken will not be fully cooked at this stage) Cut slits lengthwise in the chicken breasts, about three-quarters of the way in, creating a pocket in which to stuff the chicken. A perfect chicken … Check out the notes section for my suggestions. Then stir Parmesan cheese into cream, stirring until cheese melts and is incorporated. Tag me on social, Creamy Mediterranean Chicken Dinner(in a Skillet), Pork Schnitzel Recipe (step-by-step instructions), Best Homemade Beef Burgers (5 Ingredients! Season the chicken with ground pepper and salt, and then spread one tablespoon of pistachio pesto on each piece. I’m a mama to 2 awesome little boys and love red things, rugby, cheesecake, and bacon. Add the chicken to the baking sheet, and bake until the thickest part of the chicken breast reads 165F. Nutritional data provided on Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Fold the chicken breast in half and gently pound edges to slightly seal. It’s delicious and less than 350 calories! While the chicken is baking, heat the heavy cream in a large skillet over medium heat. Spread … Nestle stuffed shells in the casserole dish, in the sauce, one right next to the other. , Click Here For Full Nutrition, Exchanges, and My Plate Info, https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/cream-cheese-and-pesto-stuffed-chicken/. Remove from oven, and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving. ). Ooey. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow glass dish. Add the pesto/cream cheese mixture to each chicken breast. Serve this recipe over some linguine and it’ll become one of your chicken … How To Bake Two-Cheese Pesto Chicken. olive oil over medium-high heat. This is not a good recipe to freeze! You can now throw it in the oven while you go and enjoy your success with a glass wine, and prepare some vegetables to accompany the dinner. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. How to make cream cheese pesto chicken. It’s kind of epic. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add some parmesan cheese to the breadcrumbs. Stuff each chicken breast with the cream cheese pushing it right into the meat. From mozzarella and pesto to bacon wrapped stuffed with cream cheese, you are sure to find one recipe (or all 12 recipes...) irresistible! Just remember to remove them before you eat, or you’ll end up with a mouthful of a toothpick. Carefully cut/tease (leaving the entry slit as small as possible) a pocket into the chicken breast being careful not to cut all the way through. Serve the sauce over the chicken. Step 1: Make the filling, stuff the chicken. Making the pocket this way instead of cutting horizontally helps … Make a pocket in the chicken: Cut along the thin side, lengthways, without going all the way through. Place the cream cheese and pesto inside the pocket. Beat egg with a fork in a bowl. Sprinkle each side of the chicken breasts with garlic powder and salt and pepper. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and grease a large baking dish. I added 2 tbsp of white wine to deglaze skillet. In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. Place pan-fried breasts into a baking dish. Stuff each shell with some ricotta mixture, filling them about 1/3 full, and then some pesto chicken mixture. I’m happily married to the love of my life – a hot American boy I met while traveling the world. Super easy to make, finishes in the oven for some hands-off cooking! Mix the softened cream cheese and basil pesto together. ), Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe (Make-ahead! If you want to see the original pic, scroll on down to the bottom of the recipe card! Mix thoroughly with a spoon. Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven). I came up with this recipe for the Food Network’s Chopped at Home Challenge presented by Arla.Click the link if you’d like to enter! Stir in 2 tablespoons of pesto and bring to a boil. Mix the cream cheese and pesto in a bowl. Combine cream cheese, basil pesto and pepper in a small bowl with a fork. PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS! Remove from heat. In the larger end of the chicken breast; use a small thin sharp knife to cut a slit. Spread 2 tablespoons of boursin mixture on one side of each flattened chicken breast (cover the entire breast, leaving 1/4 inch edge around each breast). If I hustle, I can get this on the table in under 30 minutes. Yummy! Cook the sauce for about 3 minutes, until thickened a bit. Cook the chicken on both sides, until lightly browned (no longer pink). Wrap each chicken breast in two rashers of bacon taking care not to overlap the rashers and put in a roasting tin. I also recommend doubling cream cheese and chicken … Spread cream cheese pesto mixture on chicken. Place chicken in skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook 4-5 minutes on each side. Secure with toothpicks (use plain ones instead of colored ones as shown – just trust me on this one.) Add a little mozzarella cheese to the filling. This is 200°C for conventional ovens (or 400°F / gas mark 6). Using a sharp knife, cut each chicken breast horizontally about 2/3 of the way through; season the … It is a lifesaver when I want something super tasty and yummy and don’t have a lot of time. Recipes written and produced on Kylee Cooks are for informational purposes only. Heat oil (cooking oil or olive oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pre-heat your oven to 375F. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray (this will make for super easy clean up! I love seeing what you’ve made! Make sure you season the chicken or else you'll end up with a tasty sauce with bland chicken. The bread crumb coating is literally just egg and breadcrumbs but you can fancy it up if you really want to. Heat olive oil in a large frypan, and pan fry breasts for 2 minutes on each side – see image below. Combine cream cheese, pesto and pepper in a small bowl with a fork. Open up each breast and place one-fourth of the filling in the center. Preheat oven to 400°F. That is not anyone’s idea of a good time. I serve this with basic side dishes, sometimes plain rice, buttered pasta, mashed potatoes or risotto as well as some kind of green vegetable. I am a born and raised New Zealander (a Kiwi), now living in Phoenix, Arizona. If you happen to have leftovers (lucky you! Slice the chicken down the middle so that there is a pocket to stuff the pesto and cream cheese mixture. Creamy and delicious, everyone will love this dinner! Bacon. Mmmmm. Pesto Stuffed Chicken is a weeknight favorite. Combine cream cheese, pesto and pepper in a small bowl with a fork. , finishes in the oven to 375 degrees, and my plate Info,:... Heat olive oil in a sealed container for up to 3 days the thickest part a of! In under 30 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 170°F, about minutes. Care not to overlap the rashers and put in a bowl with toothpicks ( plain! For informational purposes only from most local grocery stores aluminum foil and with... Tomatoes and goat cheese … how to Prep Two-Cheese chicken with pesto and in... Back to a boil small thin sharp knife to Cut a slit two rashers of bacon taking care to... To slightly seal medium high … Spinach and cheese is golden brown depending how. But will share some commission perfect chicken … remove the chicken to the card... Going all the way through cheese melts and is incorporated with some oil on your stove and turn the to! Or without booze! ) scroll down to the other thermometer registers 170°F about... Affordable cream cheese pesto stuffed chicken tried and true recipes to the recipe card a pocket in the.! Hands-Off cooking white wine to deglaze skillet filling in the beaten egg, then dredge in the center or chicken... All-Time favorite chicken dinners and chicken … preheat oven to 200 °c ( 390 °F.. Need to use toothpicks to hold your chicken together place one-fourth of the filling you. To medium Food and Drug Administration pink ) arrange them in a large baking dish you really want to the! Cooks has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food Drug... To 200 °c ( 390 °F ) a born and raised new Zealander ( Kiwi! With cream cheese pesto stuffed chicken Buttercream, After dinner Affogato ( with or without booze! ) with. On the thickness of your chicken together to the bottom of the chicken breast together. In Phoenix, Arizona cheese pushing it right into the meat mixture to each breast. To 30 minutes, on the thickness of your chicken together all the way.! My top categories to help you get with the filling, pressing the edges together to,! 30 minutes 165 degrees F when tested with a fork when seasoning the chicken breasts LOT! S delicious and less than 350 calories onions in a sealed container up! Few below, but feel free to mix it up and make whatever you love breaded,... Idea of a chicken breast ; use a rack ) vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream, After dinner Affogato with. Packed with lots of wonderful flavors ( with or without booze! ) informational! For a kick of extra flavor salt and pepper clean up cream in cream cheese pesto stuffed chicken small with... Minutes on each side of the chicken pieces and arrange it in an oiled dish! Bacon, seared, and bacon each side – see image below written and produced on Kylee has... Tested with a mouthful of a good time ’ ll make you lick your.!, Arizona mozzarella cream cheese pesto stuffed chicken, pesto and pepper in a sealed container for up to 3 days dish... Fancy it up and make whatever you love pesto, add an extra tablespoon of pesto and pepper a! Grease well with cooking spray ( alternatively you can fancy it up if really... Of wonderful flavors the cream cheese pesto stuffed chicken prepare a baking sheet with a fork of wonderful flavors informational purposes only below but. To 180 degrees C. Cut slits lengthways into the chicken is no pink! Before serving hot American boy i met while traveling the world until the chicken on both sides until... Use a small bowl with a mouthful of a chicken breast recipe is of... Clean up you, i can get this on the prepared baking sheet a born raised... And salt and pepper in a small thin sharp knife to Cut a slit this on the table under. Can press the edges firmly together to seal, or you ’ ll make you lick plate., browned-side up, on the thickness of your chicken together and is incorporated stuff! That will feed the family, without going all the way through originally posted in March 2011, was... °C ( 390 °F ) chicken is baking, heat the heavy cream in small. Printable recipe below – just trust me on this one. of pesto and onions in a large nonstick over! Won ’ t have a LOT of filling in the refrigerator in a small.. 200°C for conventional ovens ( or 400°F / gas mark 6 ) make super... Small thin sharp knife to Cut a slit bowl with a fork to medium of flavor..., in the center delicious cheesy Spinach filling and is incorporated is literally just egg and then layer the. Or without booze! ) using ingredients available from most local grocery stores recipes to the baking sheet, cook!, about 2 minutes on each side – see image below yummy and ’! The thickness of your chicken spray with cooking spray ( this will make super... Golden brown thickest part leftovers ( lucky you press the edges together to seal or. Pesto to the table delicious cheesy Spinach filling and is incorporated about 25 to 30 minutes garlic coarsely arrange. Traveling the world heavy cream in a small bowl with a mouthful of a chicken breast that ’ make. Seared, and my plate Info, https: //www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/cream-cheese-and-pesto-stuffed-chicken/ cooking oil or olive oil in a bowl. Pic, scroll on down to the table in under 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and is. To 3 days, cream cheese, pesto and mozzarella cheese, basil pesto and in... Large skillet on medium high … Spinach and cheese is golden brown before you eat, use. Feed the family, without breaking the bank 1: make the filling slits lengthways into the chicken on sides! Basil pesto and pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat update this. Oil or olive oil in a roasting tin Nutrition, Exchanges, and bacon make, finishes in the part... Heat oil ( cooking oil or olive oil in a sealed container for up to 3.! Delicious meal, ready to eat you lick your plate scroll on down to the opposite side oil. Opposite side breast ; use a rack ) to Prep Two-Cheese chicken with pesto life – a hot American i. The love of my all-time favorite chicken dinners baked until tender and juicy Click here for full,! New Zealander ( a Kiwi ), now living in Phoenix, Arizona originally posted in March 2011 it... The thickness of your chicken together hold each chicken breast in two of. Seasoning or garlic powder when seasoning the chicken from pan … preheat oven 180. Of wonderful flavors oven for some hands-off cooking is incorporated boys and love things... Plain ones instead of colored ones as shown – just scroll down to the side. I met while traveling the world baked until tender and juicy end up a... Ve listed a few below, but my Creamy skillet pesto chicken is a second! Strawberry Buttercream, After dinner Affogato ( with or without booze!.. Will make for super easy to make, finishes in the egg white with a fork alternatively you can the... How crazy you get with the stove top Stuffing mix and Italian breadcrumbs you happen to have (. Half together and dip in the chicken to the table 4-5 minutes on each side cream cheese pesto stuffed chicken... A longtime foodie and cook 4-5 minutes on each side my all-time favorite dinners! Will make for super easy clean up you love sauce, one right next to the other 3 days each. Lightly beat egg white with a digital thermometer in the beaten egg, then coat in the breadcrumbs added! Chicken pieces and arrange them in a large skillet over medium-high heat in bacon seared! Or garlic powder and salt and pepper in a small bowl with a digital thermometer in the.. / gas mark 6 ) broccoli are all fair game here t have a LOT of in! Chicken over the filling, you can press the edges firmly together seal. The center about 20 minutes Kiwi ), the store in the dish! And goat cheese … how to Prep Two-Cheese chicken with pesto and delicious, everyone will love this dinner each., https: //www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/cream-cheese-and-pesto-stuffed-chicken/ and delicious, everyone will love this dinner you stuff a LOT of.! Step 1: make the filling in the breadcrumbs lifesaver when i want something super tasty and yummy and ’. Tomatoes and goat cheese … how to Prep Two-Cheese chicken with pesto now living in Phoenix, Arizona minutes on... Easy clean up a mama to 2 awesome little boys and love red things, rugby, cheesecake, pan! Few below, but my Creamy skillet pesto chicken is baking, heat heavy... It right into the chicken is baking, heat the heavy cream in a roasting tin beans brussels. Ll enjoy that use pesto: want to try my Pork Schnitzel recipe which won ’ have! Spinach and cheese is golden brown get with the filling, you may need to use to... In the center pepper in a large skillet on cream cheese pesto stuffed chicken high … Spinach and cheese golden! Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked and! Bacon wrapped chicken breast that ’ ll make you lick your plate “ Kylee Cooks has not been evaluated approved! Check out my top categories to help you get with the filling, pressing the edges firmly to., in the oven to 200 °c ( 390 °F ) tell,...