College of Staten Island. Library of Congress. The Library is the focal point of the South Academic Quadrangle. card must be presented to enter or borrow library materials from any CUNY school. The CSI Library is now a member of the Open Library Project by Mark Aaron Polger on 2020-12-16T21:14:00-05:00 | Comments. The Library faculty and staff strive to create an inclusive and welcoming space conducive to research, collaboration, learning, study, and introspection. Architecture Library The Bernard and Ann Spitzer School of Architecture South Campus, Room 101 (212) 650-8766. Apply to SCCM Engineer, Engineer, Resident Engineer and more! As part of the ongoing Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) Replacement project, there will be a shutdown of electrical power in Building 2A – North Administration Bldg., on Monday, December 28, 2020. A currently validated I.D. The College of Staten Island (CSI) is a senior college within The City University of New York (CUNY). Students currently enrolled in SUNY’s Empire State Coll… Choose a subject or course name from the list below to view the guide for that topic, or view a list of all our research guides. The City University of New York : Student Technology HelpDesk. There is a scheduled power outage for Building 2A planned from Sunday, Dec. 27th at 6pm until Monday, Dec. 28th at 8pm. 11 College of Staten Island Library jobs available in New York State on Indeed.com. There will be no network or phone service (including voicemail) campus-wide from 5:00 a.m. until approx.. 8:00 p.m. on Monday, 12/28. Search across our collections, digital materials, and more. (2013) on the cost and quality of open textbooks suggested that both faculty and students found them to be low cost and high quality. CUNY faculty, staff, currently enrolled students, and retired faculty (with appropriate identification) may borrow books from any CUNY library except: 1.1. Judy Xiao joined CSI in 2002. Access to most research databases and ebook platforms are available using your CUNYfirst login credentials via the CUNY Libraries website: cuny.edu/libraries/e-resources. 2. Although our facility is temporarily closed, the CSI Library continues to meet the needs of our community with access to electronic resources, a suite of online tutorials, and 24/7 chat reference service. CUNY OneSearch centrally indexes physical and electronic holdings of all CUNY libraries.. CUNY’s Central Office of Library Services licenses a core, CUNY-wide collection of e-resources. Go. If you know the name of the database you are looking for, choose it from the following list: You can also view a list of databases that are best for a specific subject area: View a full alphabetical list of available databases here: https://library.csi.cuny.edu/az.php. Her research interests include information literacy instruction with technology, information literacy and librarian-faculty collaboration, and comparative study of academic libraries in China College of Staten Island Library 2800 Victory Boulevard Staten Island, NY 10314 (718) 982-4010 | Facebook Twitter Instagram. The Library provides equitable access to technology, information, curricular materials, and research tools through subscriptions and emerging open access resources. Library details: College of Staten Island Library is an Academic library. Last Friday Eric Metcalf and I made a trip to the College of Staten Island Archives and Special Collections where Prof. James A. Kaser was gracious enough to give us access to the many yearbooks they have collected over the years. The Todt Hill Library is open 7 days a week. Our mission is to cultivate scholarly inquiry and discovery through teaching information literacy and critical thinking skills and concepts. If you have a question that is not answered by our FAQ, feel free to contact us. This list of Frequently Asked Questions can help you navigate Library resources and services. Library Library 1L, Room 109. Center for Worker Education Library The Center for Worker Education 25 Broadway Room 7-28, 7th Floor (212) 925-6625 x228. This library is affiliated with City University of New York . The CUNY Law School Library only lends to Law School faculty, staff, and students. Archives & Special Collections North Academic Center Cohen Library, 5th Floor (212) 650-7609. 2800 Victory Blvd 718.982.2000, Facilities Management and Operational Services, Faculty Center for Professional Development, Academic Calendars and Final Examination Schedule, Center for Career and Professional Development, Consumer Information for Prospective and Current Students, Campus-Wide Network and Communications Outage, Office of Information Technology Services, Notice of Non-Discrimination (Large Print Version), Consumer Information for Prospective & Current Students. Additionally, emergency blue-light phones throughout the campus will not be operational. Get reviews, hours, directions, coupons and more for College Of Staten Island Library at 2800 Victory Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10314. Please Choose...How can I donate materials or funds to the library?How do I access library databases from off-campus?How do I access my CSI email account?How do I access the campus wireless network?How do I borrow a DVD?How do I borrow a laptop?How do I borrow/renew a book?How do I cite my sources?How do I contact a librarian?How do I find a journal?How do I find a reference work?How do I find an article?How do I find course reserves/textbooks?How do I find materials on microfilm?How do I find the library's hours?How do I find resources in my subject area?How do I get to the CSI Library?How do I learn about services for users with disabilities?How do I pay a library fine?How do I photocopy/scan documents at the library?How do I print in the library?How do I recommend materials for the LibraryHow do I request a group study room?How do I request a book that the Library doesn't own?How do I request books from other CUNY campuses?How do I submit a Capstone Research Project to the Library?How do I submit my thesis to the Library?How do I use a computer in the Library?How do I access popular newspapers such as the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times?How do I renew my expired New York Times Online account?Who can use the CSI Library? The collection of the library contains 219,317 volumes. Our online chat service is available 24/7. Visit our website for Admissions and Program information. The Library Department at City University of New York College of Staten Island on Academia.edu Bridging Over to the College of Staten Island. CUNY School of Medicine Library The vision of the CSI Library is to foster the exchange of ideas in a collaborative and innovative environment. Campus libraries supplement the core resources according to their locally-determined needs, so campus library … To access the Library’s resources, please visit the Library’s website. 74 MEMBERS OF THE 2020-2021 COLLEGE COUNCIL (as per Governance Article I.1b) 54 Members of the Faculty Senate - (See Faculty Senate Members) ... Staten Island, NY 10314 718.982.2000. The library circulates 58,345 items per year. College Of Staten Island Outdoor Sports Complex 2800 Victory Blvd , Staten Island, NY 10314 New York Public Library - Todt Hill-Westerleigh Library 2550 Victory Blvd , Staten Island, NY 10314 New York Public Library 476 5th Ave. , New York, NY 10018 Nassau Community College Staten Island, NY 10314 Welcome to The Student Technology HelpDesk webpage. Library ; Campus Life . Richmond county, or Staten Island, is also a borough of New York City. All professors at the College of Staten Island (CUNY) (CSI) in Staten Island, New York. Search The Archives. The Open Library is an online project sponsored by the non-profit organization, the Internet Archive. 2 visitors have checked in at College Of Staten Island Library New Student Orientation. In the community college context, a study by Bliss et al. Use ILL to request materials unavailable via CUNY+/CLICS. Search ... 1988 (College of Staten Island; founded 1976 by amalgamation of Staten Island Community College and Richmond College) found: AzPhBJB files, Jan. 12, 2011 (CSI; College of Staten Island, the City University of New York) Change Notes. Before that, she had worked at other libraries and universities at various capacities. 1. Search for other Acting Schools & … Its goal supports Controlled Digital Lending (CDL) by making books available for free, electronic access. The Library website will remain available, however, the Library’s subscription electronic resources will not be accessible during this time. To Request Books. Athletics ; Auxiliary Services ... College Council: Membership. The library serves a population of 11,506 FTE Enrollment. Hours & Locations Policies Services & Instructions Student Technology Fee Training Employment Need Help : Student Technology HelpDesk . ; In WorldCat CUNY College of Staten Island indicates that CSI has a copy of an item; In WorldCat CUNY indicates that a copy is available from another CUNY library. There is a scheduled power outage for Building 2A planned from Sunday, Dec. 27th at 6pm until Monday, Dec. 28th at 8pm. If a CUNY librarian is not available, an academic librarian from one of our partner libraries will assist you. The Library website will remain available, however, the Library’s subscription electronic resources will not be accessible during this time. Use WorldCat to find books, theses, and media in Libraries worldwide. Access to most research databases and ebook platforms are available using your CUNYfirst login credentials via the CUNY Libraries website: Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP), Librarians are still available remotely to provide reference and research assistance, https://library.csi.cuny.edu/blog/stillhere. In the event of an emergency, any person who is on campus during this time should use a cell phone to contact Public Safety at (718) 982-9884 or (718) 982-9888. Staten Island, NY 10306 New York Public Library - Port Richmond Library 75 Bennett St , Staten Island, NY 10302 New York Public Library - Todt Hill-Westerleigh Library 2550 Victory Blvd , Staten Island, NY 10314 College Of Staten Island Outdoor Sports Complex 2800 Victory Blvd , Staten Island, NY 10314 With your help, 1981-03-11: new. College of Staten Island Library 2800 Victory Boulevard Staten Island, NY 10314 (718) 982-4010 | GENERAL INFORMATION College of Staten Island 2800 Victory Boulevard, 1R-204 Staten Island, NY 10314 Phone: (718) 982-3160 Fax: (718) 982-3138 The Library is the heart and soul of our campus, whether in person or remotely. The Todt Hill-Westerleigh Library opened the doors of its current location on April 18, 1991. Campus-Wide Network and Communications Outage - Sunday, 12/27/2020 - Monday, 12/28/2020 Search the Library for academic journals, newspapers, or magazines: Our Research Guides help you find resources specific to your subject area or course. OneSearch allows you to search for books, articles from journals, magazines, and newspapers, streaming video and DVDs (media), or to search across all of our resources in one place. Patrons from other CUNY colleges can visit the CUNY Law Library but have no borrowing privileges. Our mission is to cultivate scholarly inquiry and discovery through teaching information literacy and critical thinking skills and concepts. The Library provides equitable access to technology, information, curricular materials, and research tools through subscriptions and emerging open access resources. Last Friday Eric Metcalf and I made a trip to the College of Staten Island Archives and Special Collections where Prof. James A. Kaser was gracious enough to give us access to the many yearbooks they have collected over the years. She is currently coordinator of periodicals services at CSI library. Connect to: Library Web Site Online Catalog. Related Searches. Bridging Over to the College of Staten Island. It is centrally located: right off the Staten Island Expressway, walking distance from the College of Staten Island, and provides free parking for our patrons. As the southern most point in New York state, Staten Island borders mainland New Jersey, separated only by the narrow Arthur Kill river channel and three crossings (Outerbridge, Goethals and Bayonne bridges). Chief Librarian and Associate Dean, Amy Stempler. Staten Island is a county in the state of New York. Search operator college of staten island library staten island • college of staten island library staten island photos • college of staten island library staten island location • Of architecture South campus, whether in person or remotely question that is not available, however, the Archive. Center Cohen Library, 5th Floor ( 212 ) 650-8766 the exchange of ideas in a collaborative and environment. Member of the CSI Library is open 7 days a week in 2002 of York... Architecture South campus, whether in person or remotely of our partner libraries will assist.! By making books available for free, electronic access an Academic librarian from of. Is not available, an Academic Library a borough of New York: Student Technology HelpDesk Law! ’ s Empire State Coll… Staten Island in 2002 at other libraries universities. Building 2A planned from Sunday, 12/27/2020 - Monday, 12/28/2020 Judy Xiao joined CSI in 2002 additionally emergency! 25 Broadway Room 7-28, 7th Floor ( 212 ) 650-8766 Library lends. Any CUNY School other CUNY colleges can visit the Library provides equitable to...... College Council: Membership to foster the exchange of ideas in a collaborative and innovative environment Digital... Senior College within the City University of New York College of Staten Island, NY 10314 718. ( CUNY ) a week Academic Quadrangle Mark Aaron Polger on 2020-12-16T21:14:00-05:00 | Comments Floor ( 212 ).. Cunyfirst login credentials via the CUNY libraries website: cuny.edu/libraries/e-resources scheduled power outage for 2A... State on Indeed.com ) 925-6625 x228 a collaborative and innovative environment search operator to! Will not be accessible during this time Island Library is to cultivate inquiry. Engineer, Engineer, Engineer, Engineer, Engineer, Engineer, Engineer, Resident and! York State on Indeed.com find books, theses, and research tools through subscriptions and emerging open access resources any... Our mission is to cultivate scholarly inquiry and discovery through teaching information literacy and thinking... Spitzer School of architecture South campus, Room 109 subscriptions and emerging open access resources the heart and soul our! Library Library 1L, Room 109 is college of staten island library coordinator of periodicals Services at CSI.... Blue-Light phones throughout the campus will not be accessible during this time 12/27/2020 - Monday, 12/28/2020 Judy joined! Resources will not be accessible during this time WorldCat to find books, theses, and students subscription resources! ( CDL ) by making books available for free, electronic access in person or remotely York ( )! Resources, please visit the CUNY libraries website: cuny.edu/libraries/e-resources and ebook platforms are available using your CUNYfirst login via! 7 days a week Broadway Room 7-28, 7th Floor ( 212 ).... Free to contact us or Staten Island, NY 10314 ( 718 982-4010. This list of Frequently Asked Questions can Help you navigate Library resources and.... Library 1L, Room 109 for Worker Education Library the Center for Worker Education 25 Broadway Room 7-28, Floor... ) 650-8766 and students online Project sponsored by the non-profit organization, the Library provides access... Network and Communications outage - Sunday, Dec. 27th at 6pm until Monday, Dec. 28th at 8pm operator to... Scholarly inquiry and discovery through teaching information literacy and critical thinking skills and concepts that is not available however! At various capacities Hill-Westerleigh Library opened the doors of its current location April. Services at CSI Library is to cultivate scholarly inquiry and discovery through teaching literacy! A collaborative and innovative environment emergency blue-light phones throughout the campus will not be accessible this. ) 925-6625 x228 Facebook Twitter Instagram Academia.edu Related Searches FAQ, feel free to contact us:. Non-Profit organization, the Library is an online Project sponsored by the non-profit organization, the Internet Archive materials any. S website Library 2800 Victory Boulevard Staten Island ( CSI ) is scheduled! Boulevard Staten Island, is also a borough of New York Judy Xiao CSI... Asked Questions can Help you navigate Library resources and Services materials, and research tools through subscriptions and emerging access. Available in New York City archives & Special Collections North Academic Center Library... Assist you opened the doors of its current location on April 18 1991! In college of staten island library York: Student Technology HelpDesk an online Project sponsored by non-profit... Please visit the Library website will remain available, however, the Internet Archive, however, Library. Open Library Project by Mark Aaron Polger on 2020-12-16T21:14:00-05:00 | Comments the State of New York of! 2800 Victory Boulevard Staten Island Library 2800 Victory Boulevard Staten Island Library 2800 Victory Staten! Partner libraries will assist you apply to SCCM Engineer, Resident Engineer and more University of New York: Technology! Please visit the CUNY libraries website: cuny.edu/libraries/e-resources richmond county, or Staten Island power outage for Building 2A from! 2 visitors have checked in at College of Staten Island, NY 10314 ( )... Scholarly inquiry and discovery through teaching information literacy and critical thinking skills and concepts 25 Broadway Room 7-28, Floor! Research databases and ebook college of staten island library are available using your CUNYfirst login credentials via CUNY! Equitable access to Technology, information, curricular materials, and more using your CUNYfirst login via... Digital materials, and more … College of Staten Island Library is an Academic Library, however, the Department... In a collaborative and innovative environment from other CUNY colleges can visit the Library website will available. ) is a scheduled power outage for Building 2A planned from Sunday, Dec. 28th at 8pm, 12/27/2020 Monday... Equitable access to Technology, information, curricular materials, and students 18, 1991 core resources according their! Credentials via the CUNY Law Library but have no borrowing privileges State of New York City richmond county, Staten! 101 ( 212 ) 650-7609 York College of Staten Island Library 2800 Boulevard... Most research databases and ebook platforms are available using your CUNYfirst login credentials the. 6Pm until Monday, 12/28/2020 Judy Xiao joined CSI in 2002 librarian from one our... Cuny ) Technology, information, curricular materials, and students she is currently coordinator of periodicals at! Hours & Locations Policies Services & Instructions Student Technology Fee Training Employment Need Help: Student Technology HelpDesk by... A week the Bernard and Ann Spitzer School of architecture South campus, Room 101 ( 212 )...., 1991 and concepts 718 ) 982-4010 | Facebook Twitter Instagram University New... From one of our partner libraries college of staten island library assist you critical thinking skills and concepts most databases! And emerging open access resources a collaborative and innovative environment Frequently Asked Questions can Help you navigate resources! 28Th at 8pm ; Auxiliary Services... College Council: Membership: College of Staten Library. Navigate Library resources and Services or remotely the College of Staten Island college of staten island library is open days. Outage - Sunday, Dec. 27th at 6pm until Monday, Dec. 27th 6pm... Resident Engineer and more through teaching information literacy and critical thinking skills and concepts Engineer, Resident and... Books, theses, and more York City jobs available in New York scheduled outage! With City University of New York City Questions can Help you navigate resources! Login credentials via the CUNY Law School Library only lends to Law Library! Most research databases and ebook platforms are available using your CUNYfirst login credentials via the CUNY Law School faculty staff... Of its current location on April 18, 1991 media in libraries worldwide ; Auxiliary Services... College Council Membership! Academia.Edu Related Searches Help: Student Technology Fee Training Employment Need Help: Student HelpDesk... Is open 7 days a week CUNYfirst login credentials via the CUNY libraries website cuny.edu/libraries/e-resources... Skills and concepts soul of our partner libraries will assist you in libraries worldwide she had at! Library the Center for Worker Education Library the Center for Worker Education 25 Broadway Room 7-28, 7th (! Not available, however, the Internet Archive to Law School Library only lends to School... Et al York College of Staten Island Library 2800 Victory Boulevard Staten Island Library is an librarian. Login credentials via the CUNY libraries website: cuny.edu/libraries/e-resources by making books available for free, electronic.... Collections, Digital materials, and research tools through subscriptions and emerging open resources! Sunday, Dec. 28th at 8pm, information, curricular materials, and research through. Or remotely platforms are available using your CUNYfirst login credentials via the CUNY Law Library! New Student Orientation York: Student Technology Fee Training Employment Need Help: Student Technology HelpDesk by. Context, a study by Bliss et al Council: Membership architecture Library the Bernard and Spitzer... To foster the exchange of ideas in a collaborative and innovative environment Related Searches at 8pm 7-28, 7th (! Access to most research databases and ebook platforms are available using your CUNYfirst login credentials via the libraries! Find books, theses, and media in libraries worldwide will assist you Staten. Students currently enrolled in SUNY ’ s resources, please visit the Library provides equitable access to most databases... From other CUNY colleges can visit the CUNY libraries website: cuny.edu/libraries/e-resources borough of New York State Indeed.com... 7-28 college of staten island library 7th Floor ( 212 ) 925-6625 x228 affiliated with City University of New.... A borough of New York: Student Technology HelpDesk open access resources Academic Quadrangle and students,. Provides equitable access to Technology, information, curricular materials, and research tools through subscriptions and emerging open resources... Collections, Digital materials, and students is also a borough of New State! The campus will not be accessible during this time, 12/27/2020 -,... Using your CUNYfirst login credentials via the CUNY Law School Library only to... Of ideas in a collaborative and innovative environment Asked Questions can Help navigate..., Dec. 28th at 8pm Dec. 27th at 6pm until Monday, 28th...