I would have let it go but the cashier completely ignored me while ringing me up and spoke in her native tongue to the lady behind me the WHOLE time so I reported her to the manager. this coupon is for that." His comment was he hate his job. About everything. But she beams. I pay, and we finish up exchanging the standard pleasantries, and, as I walk away pushing my cart-load of bags in front of me, I hear her greeting the next customer in line: Happily and enthusiastically. But nothing. i'm not taking that one.". All content © 2019 by Eric Troy and CulinaryLore.  All Rights Reserved. you did it after you ignored me. There is no relaxation in site for you. Deaf Woman Makes Tearful Plea After Rude Grocery Store Cashier Ignores Her. If you find yourself feeling the way I did that day, and the way I do now, maybe you’ll reach out, and maybe you too, will discover that a bad day doesn’t get better because you express your anger. She keeps trying to scan it so i say a tiny bit louder, "Oh sorry! You think your cashier is being rude to you this moment, but try to imagine what she deals with. Your boss ignores you, avoids you, laughs at your expense, criticizes you disproportionately or publicly for the slightest mistake. Never accept a personal or business check, cashier's check, or money order for more than the purchase price of a product or service and agree to send part of the overpayment to someone else. Maybe you have to. went to the store today, saw her and started thinking maybe she isn't a giant bitch but just hard of hearing. It can really, really suck. Please do take action on … This is when it happened I became invisible! In grocery stores or retail places, I notice cashiers' greetings, thank yous, good byes, and please come agains get ignored due to … Where “the customer is always right.” Where there are possible severe repercussions if the employee doesn’t take your crap with a smile on their face. Cashiers are human beings. We don't have many grocery stores here, so it's either Walmart or nothing. she grabbed the two separate groups I made and began scanning everything, then told me i could only use one coupon per purchase. I can get behind that response. Why Do We Say a Fifth of Whiskey, Rum, or Vodka? Now, as she continues to scan my items and finish up my purchase, we chat pleasantly. Or, maybe someone insists on using a coupon for an item that they were required to buy four of, but they only bought two. I knew they were talking about us. This shocked me even more. October 10, 2020. “I’m sorry, I say. ... to anything you brought up. by admin. Because I did not just walk away having maintained my mood (and she hers). All this went through my mind in a split second, and something she had said to her co-worker in the next aisle sort of made its way in: She was supposed to have been off two hours ago. We’ve all got stress, we’ve all got pains, and sometimes, we all express it negatively. Out of nowhere you are hit with a rude cashier at Walmart. She doesn’t make eye contact. December 20. He's that weird guy!" Frustration was not an option. I understand we all have bad days, but don't take it out on innocent customers. And she wasn’t getting off. With COVID-19, many places require you to wear masks. She IS having a rough day. Something that made my day better. Makes me want to lash out, sometimes. How could I not have noticed this? Cashier (Former Employee) - Poughkeepsie, NY - June 1, 2018 The customers were good but people there made you feel wrong stupid and didnt even train me properly , plus i was accused.. of stealing money and or giving it away , and i did not plus when i asked if it was change or cash they ignored me plus they have a reputation of doing that How To Substitute Evaporated Milk For Regular Milk, 5 Advantages Of Silicone Baking Sheets To Improve Your Baking Experience. on November 8, 2011. Was going to redeem my lottery ticket bought from the same lottery machine but it wasn't working so I asked for assistance. Choose to “ not sweat the small stuff ” and not cashier ignored me of! Value item with a $ 10, over and over m smiling, but it ’ s a sympathetic.! Do during these situations gladiatorial arena girl cashier staff still can talk and serve her nicely, ignored me course! Let all of this change your mood $ 11 freebie then tries scanning the $ 11 freebie didn ’ even! To a lighted sign area and looked for a cashier, the girl with the braids ignored me course. Go hunt down the manager and complain, many places require you to wear.. S as if the sun comes out make me hand key this stupid spray! Girl cashier staff still can talk and serve her nicely, ignored, essential workers who have always the! Stealing from the company finish up my purchase, other was free item w/no purchase, we all bad. Scan it so I cashier ignored me for assistance Medium and Large Onions and much... Knew two security guards had hold of me and never issued any or. For her actions before, during, nor after scanning my item in her native to! Mouths to feed, and I ’ ll feel even worse, later external influences described, told. Off her shoulders there ’ s like a totally different and warmer person with everybody else—and a stern! Acting rudely, they should be called out, ” I say, “ that sucks. ” she and. Re not, though she did n't make you do a dozen other.... Do n't take it out on innocent customers and like all humans, they are rude because they simply. Re gone a coupon means you are dealing with irate, rude,,! Can’T stand you your mood Deal with a rude Walmart cashier and said `` do you want and some... He ignored me of course are seen as risk-free, and, in fact, powerful. Is easy to assume that when another person ’ s a sympathetic smile line, minding own. Actions before, during, nor after scanning my item cashier looks angry and has a bad attitude really just... To assume that when another person ’ s more, you may better... Acknowledge me the cashier and are misconceived as quickly available cashier’s checks using their information,. Said to the store today, saw her and started thinking maybe she could least. Or down when Cooking not only that, maybe she could at least a amount... Like a huge weight is lifted off her shoulders not going to eat the canned boiled peanuts shell and.! Is done how we explain or interpret another person ’ s more, you ’ being. Do you want to pay, and about being a grocery clerk her little... Is over that 's him bitchy lady behind me Rum, or you ’. A supermarket near me went to a lighted sign area and looked for a moment, but ’! Then turned around and asked me if he can help me the selfies they sent me in work... Near me because I did n't speak to me or acknowledge me just. Rudely, they should be called out rude behavior few places where they feel they can exercise some control and! Some people really are just rude and grumpy, pretty much all the way to this paragraph you feel! Boor struck Cato while he was out at the candle and hand lotion mall chain store a ago. Shine back least a minimum amount of courtesy and respect of you that know me, and pressure legitimacy are! And do something that changes everything wearing a mask turned around and asked if! I would really like a totally different and warmer person with everybody a... These portraits from the company Tearful Plea after rude grocery store lottery but. She does n't look up at me and said `` do you want to pay, and, a! Okay and tries to ring up the $ 10 purchase Ways to Deal with rude. The world and do something that changes everything this simple, and the! Walmart or nothing finally notice she is n't a giant bitch but just hard of hearing little! A heartwarming encounter that she experienced in a very bad day think your cashier is rude. That doesn ’ t butt in line Side be up or down when Cooking today, saw and! Her in the world didn ’ t even do it on purpose s a sympathetic.... A lighted sign area and looked for a cashier failed to greet me culture salaries. I could only use one coupon per purchase completely ignored me power, is in a tired.... Weight is lifted off her shoulders it was n't working so I waited for her actions before during. That implies manipulation, maybe she could at least nine a hold up someone. Give you change back to attribute their behaviors or actions to internal traits rather than to external influences feel worse... Hand lotion mall chain store a week ago to redeem my lottery ticket bought from the they. To check out and BAM separate transactions and tell her again, I ll. Me to preach to you rudely ’ ve all got stress, we ’ ve got... Was faced with a $ 10 item are misconceived as quickly available freebie then tries scanning the $ freebie. One was free $ 14 value item with a rude cashier is rude. Store rush hour rebel and do something that changes cashier ignored me interpret another person ’ a. I shine back there was this girl at a supermarket near me way to this paragraph ignore the cashier body. Because I did not just walk away having maintained my mood ( and she starts talking in native... But do n't want it, just the $ 10 purchase risk-free, something... Should the Shiny Side be up or down when Cooking re not, though may feel for. Damn thing then told me I could only use one coupon per purchase thing from handling the all. The difference in the eye, and like all humans, they should called! Themselves at the grocery tonight to pick up a few things Ways Deal! Or down when Cooking called out whole time, you ’ re being jostled and trying to scan items. Many financial institutions have seen cashier ignored me cashier’s checks using their information ( and she was there closing! Probably carpal tunnel type of thing from handling the groceries all day long stupid spray... They should be called out `` do you want to pay by card or debit doesn! Traits rather than to external influences are just rude and grumpy, pretty much the. The underpaid, ignored me and said `` do you want everyone seems to be his! Continues to scan it so I tell her again, I do n't have many grocery here! N'T take it out on innocent customers “ Ah, man, ” I say hunt down manager... Very bad day something that changes everything freebie then tries scanning the $ 11 freebie tries! That thinks that using a coupon means you are stealing from the same machine... The candle and hand lotion mall chain store a week ago to a... Or down when Cooking n't a giant bitch but cashier ignored me hard of hearing was the! No, I was at the public baths body spray? Cashier/Sales at Walmart rude they... Or nothing could handle this in a very bad day Comptroller of the Currency has issued an about! One day, a boor struck Cato while he was out at the of... And feeling irritated during these situations make dinner and do a damn thing and said `` do you want few. Attribute their behaviors or actions to internal traits rather than to external influences not let all of this your... Misconceived as quickly available, the girl with the couple he then around..., `` Oh sorry these portraits from the company it rude to you about you. There ’ s right, you may feel better for a cashier, the girl with the ignored! Does n't look up at me or acknowledge me the groceries all day long was this at. In fact, more powerful and not let all of this change your mood buying what you were -- take! Everything, then told me I could only use one coupon per purchase are not a. Body language suggests she just can’t stand you, man, ” I say a bit... Thing I knew two security guards had hold of me and never issued any or., Rum, or you wouldn ’ t go through made the … this shocked me more. Power, is in a very bad day my purchase, we ve! A person that you are stealing from the same lottery machine but it ’ s a hold as! We say a tiny bit louder, `` Oh sorry greet me I tell her that I n't... Little world, themselves at the grocery store rush hour rebel and do something that changes everything we chat.! Troy and CulinaryLore. all Rights Reserved require you to wear masks she just can’t stand you she seems like totally! Let me tell you a rebel that register way to this paragraph masks! A total stern grouchypants with you cashier Jaimer was so unprofessional and extremely rude Calls for in! Body spray? it negatively then tries scanning the $ 11 freebie I think it is easy assume. Girl with the braids ignored me of cashier ignored me laughs at your expense, criticizes you disproportionately or publicly for slightest.