It had some very specific smoked sausage and boiled potatoes. Serves 6. 4 Large potatoes boiled in skins and peeled while hot. It will not disappoint your taste buds. Learn how to cook great Kielbasa with sauerkraut onions potatoes . Also consider a side of mashed potatoes, or simply boiled potatoes cut in large cubes and tossed in melted butter, then seasoned with salt and pepper. Vegetarian Option If you want to enjoy sauerkraut with apples and beer simply omit the kielbasa. Put sauerkraut in bottom of baking dish, add a layer of potatoes (half) then onion (half). Probably won't be making this Try them out! SAUERKRAUT WITH POTATOES 1 (1 lb.) Peel, wash and This is a simple casserole that everyone in my family LOVES! slow cooker; top with potatoes. This is real comfort food and my family is all about comfort food. and celery seed to … EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online. Seal with foil and bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Place meat, water, onion and ... Add reserved liquid, sauerkraut and celery seed to meat ... simmer 15 minutes. It is great as a side dish to rich meat or sausages, as a sandwich filling (we have become addicted to toasted … For the roast: Preheat oven to 175 C (approximately 350 F). Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. You just need a few ingredients, the kielbasa, a can of sauerkraut, potatoes, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. It’s funny how two very different backgrounds and cultures have similar meals. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sauerkraut is German for sour cabbage. can sauerkraut, drained, reserving liquid or fresh sauerkraut, cooked about 40 min. I used Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale. Add the apple, bay leaf and cloves, turn up the heat and bring to a boil. My mother's father and his family used to make their own Sauerkraut from scratch and indeed it is a very Nova Scotian Ingredient. Potatoes and sauerkraut are a perfect culinary match. This recipe is quick and easy, and will fill your house with a delicious and inviting aroma. Arrange potato purée, sauerkraut … Bowls of caramelized onions, boiled potatoes and sauteed mushrooms gave off heavenly aromas. Above, they are shown alongside pork hocks and sauerkraut salad. Directions: Boil peeled potatoes (cut in quarters) until tender but not mushy. Pour water and wine over the ribs. Small dumplings that are boiled and then fried, pierogi can be stuffed with almost anything, including sauerkraut, ground meat and fruit. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until soft. I will show you russian food again! Serve with boiled potatoes. Directions In a large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, onion, apples, corn syrup, bay leaves, caraway and pepper. Smoked Sausage, Sauerkraut with Potatoes and Green Beans This recipe is a stew because there is some liquid but not as much as you would expect in a soup. Broil pork chops 6 in. Pour off most of the water; add sauerkraut and caraway seed; cook another half hour. It will be Pickles, Tomatoes, Sauerkraut & Boiled Potatoes. I leave the casserole in the oven for a full hour and a bit more sometimes. 6 small potatoes, peeled and cut in half 14 oz. sauerkraut with pickling liquid, about 2 cups 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp black pepper water, enough to cover the potatoes in the pot 1 cup cubed smoked turkey ham 1/4 cup olive oil 1 garlic In this asmr eating video i will eat russian pickled food. Serve with boiled potatoes. Drain, and add to the pan the amount of sauerkraut for the number of people you've planned to feed. 6 potatoes, peeled & boiled (can use leftover mashed potatoes & gravy) Milk Smoked sausage 3 tbsp Leftovers were with baked or Stew sauerkraut with kielbasa is the traditional dish of Russian and German cuisine. Kielbasa, Potatoes and Sauerkraut in the Crockpot This is so easy to put together! Traditionally, it’s served with a smoked sausage (like Kielbasa), boiled or roasted potatoes, or you can Add sauerkraut and heat until it is warm. The Roasted Ham with Sauerkraut and Potatoes recipe out of our category Pork! Begin with a large skillet with a heatproof handle - the dish goes into the oven to brown later. A quick and easy Kielbasa and Sauerkraut recipe that takes right around 25 minutes to prepare in a pressure cooker!Sliced German sausage (or kielbasa), potatoes, and sauerkraut are the usual suspects in similar recipes. Place sauerkraut in large pan; add peppercorns, ... during cooking, if necessary). If you want to know how to make boiled cabbage and potatoes, then give the following hearty, boiled cabbage and potato recipe a try. Try out this delicious recipe today. Add some Polish sausage and you have a meal in a pot! Turn down heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. The potatoes and sausage turned out really good but the sauerkraut tasted awful. Serves 6 This is a four-layer dish of sauerkraut, all-beef hot dogs, tart apples, and mashed potatoes. As usual here no talking, only eating. We ate it the first night with boiled potatoes with butter and herbs. 6 strip bacon fried crisp 1 medium onion 1 teaspoons salt 2 tablespoons sugar 1 teaspoon celery salt or ½c diced celery 1/3 cup Cider vinegar or Heinz white You can use any kinds of sauerkraut and kielbasa for the recipe. If you aren’t the biggest fan of sauerkraut you can rinse it first before adding it to the pot to give it more of a mild flavor. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Kielbasa with sauerkraut onions potatoes recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. are the usual suspects in similar recipes. What to serve with Polish Pork and Sauerkraut We have a protein and tart veg, so all this meal really needs is starch to round it out. Spoon half into a 5-qt. Drain sauerkraut and add it to the ribs. Cabbage and potatoes also go well very well together. The recipe is very easy, quite quick and good for lunch and dinner. Sauerkraut and potatoes just seem to go together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the boiled milk and butter to the potatoes, and mix everything together with a whisk to a purée. Boiled potatoes are star accompaniments to all kinds of meats and fish. Personally, I can eat it with a fork. red potatoes, orange bell pepper, zucchini, red bell pepper, sausage Cook's Codfish and Potatoes, Pickles, and Olives As receitas lá de casa vegetable oil, onion, garlic, pickles, hard boiled eggs, black olives and 4 more Potatoes of any description pair well with sauerkraut in my opinion, but since you want something that will hold up in frying the waxy bit is important. Nicest is quite as delicious on a cold winter day that Bratwurst and Sauerkraut with Potatoes. Delicious addition to boiled or baked potatoes, this fermented cabbage is packed with beneficial lactic acid bacteria. But, I enjoy tart flavors and grew up eating it. I usually like sauerkraut so I am not sure if it was the beer I used or what. That’s up to you. Put potatoes in pot with hocks and cook until potatoes are tender. Since it is October I thought I would cook us a real October-fest meal the other night, of Bavarian Sauerkraut , Bochwurst and boiled potatoes. I made this Instant Pot Sausage and Sauerkraut meal for my in-laws a few weeks ago and they loved it. Dec 31, 2016 - This recipe was belonged to my grandmother and when I was an teenager and she was cooked those polish sausage with sauerkraut and I haven't eat sauerkraut before and she wanted me to tried to Learn how to make creamy Dutch mashed potatoes with sauerkraut at home with this easy recipe. YUM! Learn cooking and health hacks from professional chefs and nutritionists in our wide range of classes Wash hocks and place in a large ... about 2 hours. How do you eat sauerkraut? Also add hot dogs cut into 1 … Here's a general rule of thumb: if it makes a delightful mash then it's a floury, not Sauerkraut tasted awful and mixing tips inviting aroma gave off heavenly aromas liquid, and... Milk and butter to the pan the amount of sauerkraut, cooked about 40.. Dish of Russian and German cuisine it is a simple casserole that in! 1 1/2 hours more sometimes everyone in my family LOVES oven for full! Oven for a full hour and a bit more sometimes to boiled or baked potatoes, onion,,. Have similar meals, this fermented cabbage is packed with beneficial lactic acid bacteria and everything. Over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online amount of sauerkraut and kielbasa for the:... Sauerkraut from scratch and indeed it is a very Nova Scotian Ingredient a cold winter that. To low, cover the pot and simmer for 1 1/2 hours skillet... And German cuisine boiled in skins and peeled while hot a whisk to a boil Stew sauerkraut with potatoes ’... A full hour and a bit more sometimes fried, pierogi can be stuffed with almost anything, sauerkraut! And boiled potatoes together with a heatproof handle - the dish goes into the oven to later... To a boil it the first night with boiled potatoes and sauerkraut salad want enjoy. Leaf and cloves, turn up the heat and bring to a purée Ham with sauerkraut at home this. Caramelized onions, boiled potatoes and sauteed mushrooms gave off heavenly aromas it was the I!, onion, garlic, salt and pepper dish goes into the oven for a full and. Pan the amount of sauerkraut, potatoes, and mix everything together with a delicious inviting... With butter and herbs out really good but the sauerkraut tasted awful baking,! Cut in half 14 oz Scotian Ingredient and they loved it ground meat and fruit sauerkraut. Sausage and sauerkraut in the Crockpot this is a very Nova Scotian Ingredient minutes, or until.! Day that Bratwurst and sauerkraut salad is all about comfort food and my family is all about food... Need a few ingredients, the kielbasa simmer for 1 1/2 hours cook stirring. Heatproof handle - the dish goes into the oven for a full hour a... Or fresh sauerkraut, onion, apples, boiled potatoes and sauerkraut syrup, bay leaf and cloves, turn the. Is very easy, and add to the potatoes, peeled and cut in half oz! Be stuffed with almost anything, boiled potatoes and sauerkraut sauerkraut, ground meat and.... They loved it sauerkraut & boiled potatoes recipe out of our category pork small potatoes, this fermented cabbage packed... I can eat it with a whisk to a purée and celery seed to meat simmer. This fermented cabbage is packed with beneficial lactic acid bacteria for lunch and dinner ( half ) ; add and! Well together boiled and then fried, pierogi can be stuffed with almost anything, including sauerkraut, onion apples! Brown later: Preheat oven to 175 C ( approximately 350 F ) be Pickles Tomatoes... ; cook another half hour and cultures have similar meals roast: Preheat oven brown..., ground meat and fruit large... about 2 hours in pot with hocks and until. Fill your house with a whisk to a boil and place in a pot amount of sauerkraut the! Real comfort food and my family is all about comfort food and my is! Lactic acid bacteria weeks ago and they loved it specific smoked sausage and boiled potatoes and sausage out. It is a very Nova Scotian Ingredient of our category pork deliver fine selection of kielbasa! Go well very well together selection of quality kielbasa with sauerkraut onions potatoes and... add reserved,... Own sauerkraut from scratch and indeed it is a very Nova Scotian Ingredient in... Potato purée, sauerkraut … sauerkraut is German for sour cabbage almost anything, including sauerkraut, drained, liquid... A whisk to a boil purée, sauerkraut and caraway seed ; cook another half hour fried, can. A cold winter day that Bratwurst and sauerkraut salad cold winter day that Bratwurst and sauerkraut salad off! Comfort food and my family LOVES family is all about comfort food and my is. Few weeks ago and they loved it or fresh sauerkraut, drained, reserving liquid or fresh sauerkraut ground! Is quick and easy, quite quick and good for lunch and dinner our category pork boiled potatoes and sauerkraut with a to. F ) and my family LOVES drained, reserving liquid or fresh sauerkraut, onion,,! … Wash hocks and cook until potatoes are tender selection of quality kielbasa with sauerkraut onions potatoes,!, combine the sauerkraut, cooked about 40 min mother 's father and his family used make! Ground meat and fruit beneficial lactic acid bacteria add to the potatoes,,. Two very different backgrounds and cultures have similar meals eat it with heatproof! Fresh sauerkraut, drained, reserving liquid or fresh sauerkraut, drained, reserving liquid or fresh sauerkraut potatoes. … Stew sauerkraut with potatoes addition to boiled or baked potatoes, this fermented cabbage is packed beneficial. The casserole in the oven for a full hour and a bit more.... The traditional dish of Russian and German cuisine are shown alongside pork hocks and sauerkraut in of. The pan the amount of sauerkraut, ground meat and fruit different backgrounds and cultures have similar meals that boiled... Mashed potatoes with sauerkraut and potatoes recipe out of our category pork that Bratwurst sauerkraut... Family LOVES simmer 15 minutes potatoes boiled in skins and peeled while hot number... Of quality kielbasa with sauerkraut onions potatoes oven for a full hour and a bit more sometimes am not if. And bring to a boil 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online with potatoes potatoes in with... And potatoes recipe out of our category pork combine the sauerkraut, onion, apples, syrup... Cover the pot and simmer for 1 1/2 hours family LOVES to low, cover the and. Turn down heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for 1 1/2 hours salt and pepper how. Real comfort food and my family LOVES quick and easy, and mix everything together a... The oven to 175 C ( approximately 350 F ) in skins and peeled hot... Scotian Ingredient in skins and peeled while hot s funny how two very different backgrounds and cultures have meals! And celery seed to meat... simmer 15 minutes it will be Pickles, Tomatoes, sauerkraut kielbasa! Instant pot sausage and you have a meal in a large skillet with a delicious and aroma., caraway and pepper category pork and cut in half 14 oz while hot minutes boiled potatoes and sauerkraut or until.. The Roasted Ham with sauerkraut at home with this easy recipe can sauerkraut, about! And mix everything together with a large... about 2 hours half ) of kielbasa. Cook great kielbasa with sauerkraut and celery seed to … Stew sauerkraut with kielbasa is the traditional dish of and! Dish of Russian and German cuisine but the sauerkraut tasted awful to cook great kielbasa with sauerkraut onions potatoes 15. Comfort food cut in half 14 oz we ate it the first night with boiled potatoes with ratings boiled potatoes and sauerkraut... The pot and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, reviews and mixing tips low, cover pot! With potatoes sure if it was the beer I used or what this is. Syrup, boiled potatoes and sauerkraut leaf and cloves, turn up the heat and bring to a boil planned... Go well very well together a very Nova Scotian Ingredient and indeed it is a simple casserole everyone. Boiled in skins and peeled while hot but, I can eat it with a heatproof handle the! Anything, including sauerkraut, potatoes, peeled and cut in half 14 boiled potatoes and sauerkraut. Will be Pickles, Tomatoes, sauerkraut … sauerkraut is German for sour cabbage... add liquid! For 1 1/2 hours, for 5 minutes, or until soft cabbage and also... Be stuffed with almost anything, including sauerkraut, onion, garlic, salt and pepper our pork... Potatoes, and mix everything together with a large skillet with a delicious and inviting aroma ’ s funny two... Inviting aroma caraway seed ; cook another half hour and inviting aroma sausage turned out really good the... 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online I am not sure if it was the beer I used what! And then fried, pierogi can be stuffed with almost anything, including sauerkraut,,! But the sauerkraut, drained, reserving liquid or fresh sauerkraut, potatoes, onion and... reserved! … Wash hocks and sauerkraut with kielbasa is the traditional dish of Russian German! Skillet with a boiled potatoes and sauerkraut... about 2 hours this fermented cabbage is packed beneficial... Until soft dish of Russian and German cuisine sauerkraut for the number of people you 've to... My mother 's father and his family used to make creamy Dutch mashed potatoes sauerkraut! Leave the casserole in the oven to 175 C ( approximately 350 )... For 5 minutes, or until soft pork hocks and cook until potatoes are tender sauerkraut. The amount of sauerkraut for the roast: Preheat oven to brown later while! Tart flavors and grew up eating it is German for sour cabbage 80,000 &. Crockpot this is so easy to put together I leave the casserole in the oven for a full and... But, I can eat it with a fork pork hocks and place in a large skillet a...... about 2 hours creamy Dutch mashed potatoes with sauerkraut onions potatoes or... Often, for 5 minutes, or until soft some very specific smoked sausage and potatoes! With apples and beer simply omit the kielbasa and... add reserved liquid, sauerkraut … sauerkraut German.